VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Indiana (In): Indianapolis

An average wait of 474 days, well that means the claims of the 30+ groups of vets who have priority status are much lower...and a regular vet that is not part of the priority groups is waiting a LOT LONGER.

And after you get that VA decision, (you won your claim) and they owe you thousands of dollars, they have no rules in place that make them pay you, no regulations to force them, no one accountable who will answer to our elected officials, so you wait and wait some more.

and VARO Indianapolis: well we get the government that We the People" deserve.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indianapolis RO vs Social Security Claim

Claims for:

1) Lumbar Stenosis (SMR entries for low back pain, same area L4/L5)

(current Meds through VA: Hydocodone 7.5's one every 4 hrs and over the counter Ibuprofen)

2) Diabetes Type 2

current meds through VA: Insulin 52 units twice a day, glipizide 10mgs twice a day)

3) IBS (SMR entries/Gulf War vet as well)

4) Gerd (SMR entries)

(current meds through VA: Pantoprazole 40mgs one a day, Simethicone 80mgs two tabs three times a day)

5) Major Depression (steming from issues with with #'s 1, 3, and 4 and ptsd (but as of yet not addressed))

6) Anxiety

(current meds for both #4 and #5 through Va: Three atm)

SSD Claim filed Feb 2011

VA Claims filed Apr 2011

SSD claim denied June 2011

Appealed

SSD claim denied Aug 2011

Appealed

SSD claim court date May 2012

SSD Awarded July 2012

Award back dates too Feb 2011, six month waiting period so pay actually started in Aug of 2011

VA Claim status: Still in collection of evidence status

I did an Iris last month, and got the typical response letter. Hopefully it adds a bit a fuel to my claims though.

I have maintained a very tight budget over the last year and with my award I can pay my bills and build a better case for VA claims to boot with out going bankrupt.

Edited by kevin4998

• HadIt.com Elder

There is a fairly simple way to force the VA to reduce the backlog to a "reasonable" level. It's actually more or less the same method used to enforce prompt payment by the government (VA included) to contractors. Unfortunately, current veteran's law prohibits it, and must be changed.

Require the VA to pay INTEREST when more than a reasonable period elapses between the filing of a claim and the payment of the claim. (In the case of contractors, this can be a period of thirty days or so after payment is due.)

Require that long delayed claims be paid using the governments own tables that equate past year to current year dollars.

This also compensates the veteran, by paying a more or less equitable amount that has the same purchasing power as a past year's dollar.

Perhaps a supplementary payment should also be added when CUE is involved.

If that doesn't get the VA off it's @#$, then it's past time to separate the entire C&P system, overhaul it, and place it under (Perhaps) SSA.

Supporting two disability systems makes absolutely no sense, unless you want to have increased administrative costs, duplicated manpower, etc.

• 1 year later...

Hello. I submitted a claim to get an increase in certain things back in October 2012 and I just got the results. Instead of bumping my percentages, the Indy office decided to lower two of my disabilities, even though I had plenty of evidence to back me up. This forum mentioned that this regional office makes mistakes on 41% of the claims. Obviously, I'm going to appeal. The question is, should I get a lawyer that handles VA claims? How much do they typically charge? Does anybody know of any good VSO reps in the Terre Haute/Indy area, or lawyers?

Edited by xlh_stud

• 1 month later...
  • HadIt.com Elder

See my reply above. Worst RO. Maybe not actually worst but it is in competition with Houston and Waco for the top spot.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use