VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Indiana (In): Indianapolis

I share your frustration with the Indianapolis Regional Office. I applied for my appeal to go to the BVA in 2009. As of today it is still at the regional office and all they would tell me was that someone is actively working on it because it had a case note from 05/2014. I contacted my local congressman and he gave very little help. I have sent in 5 IRIS requests in the past month with no responses. I have called their number seven times and even scheduled a time for them to call me and no one called. I have left messages for my POA as well and have not been contacted by them. I am about tempted to move to another state so it can be handled better. I asked who was handling it so I could see if they needed anything else and they would not tell me that information. Anyone have any ideas????

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you able to travel there in person? If so, I would make a personal visit. Not an ugly visit, but a cordial "help me understand" and "I need status" visit. You may just get the attention you need on you appeal.

• 3 weeks later...

I would make the trip if I could, but it is over an hour away and I don't trust my old truck on the interstate. I guess after tax season I would be more inclined to do it since I will be doing some repairs to her. Driving to the hospital is not bad since it is on country roads, but downtown Indy is impossible in that thing.

Please email Bob bob.mcdonald@va.gov with your story as told here. Further search shows Robert.A.McDonald@va.gov might be his address. I'd send to both.

Please don't add a lot of verbiage but keep the facts clear and simple like you've done in your post.

Please report back what you hear.

Good luck! :smile:

Edited by Notorious Kelly

Indianapolis, and the midwest (to include Cleveland, Ohio), are indeed two of the worst Regional Offices. Back in 2008, there was an article about the disparity among regional offices...how a Veteran in one RO was more likely to get service connection at higher percentages than another RO. The midwest RO's were the worst...the lowest had an average per Vet of about half of what Veterans received in more Veteran friendly states.

Interestingly, Senator Barrack Obama's state, Illinois, was one of the lowest states in the nation (in compensation to Veterans) He campaigned hard for Illinois to end that disparity, and Illinois moved up several steps. Then he moved to the white house and that was all forgotten, apparently.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use