• donate-be-a-hero.png

Letter Generator Shows 100% !

Rate this topic

vetwife

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all for the warm wishes. It really means a lot.

I'm sending off the ChampVA paperworkd today.

How do we get the DEERS cards for dependents?

vetwife,

This link should help.

Congrats the main thing is the award. The VA routinely screws up effective dates. Hadit can help you with that problem.

that happened when i was awarded aid and attendance on my non service connected pension. they established my effective date as the day i had my c&p exam. i appealed and a few months later they changed it and sent the back pay. :-)

• 1 month later...

Update ~

I sent off the ChampVA application & all the info they ask for & got the insurance card for the kids & myself in 3-4 weeks (they all come separately )

Husband has been into the VAMC dentist for several visits & had some much needed dental work done, including a root canal & is very happy with the dentist there.

Sent off for & received the car tag in 1 week.

As recommended by Hadit elders, we have the retro locked away for now while the surrealness wears off.

For the earlier effective date, the claim has already been back at BVA for 2 other remanded items. I decided to wait on the NOD to the AMC until after the BVA finishes with remanded items. I believe they may catch that the AMC gave later date & correct it - since the BVA is the one that ordered it be re-catagorized.

If not, we'll file NOD on eed after that. Since there is a year to file & don't want to add more paperwork to an already complex claim.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use