Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Process Questions

Rate this question

worcesterj

Question

Hi im 23 yrs old and started to recieve ssdi payment a year ago which was back dated to my active duty in the army gaurd ait. I just sent out the final packet to the va. The packet says ill have a response within 30 days but i see alot of horror stories. I have no insurance or car or phone so i was unable to get documentation from doctors. My ssdi from beginning to end only took me 6 months. Any opinions i have mdd biopolar 2 ptsd general anxiety.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit. If you can show a link to service for your SSD you should not have to hard a time connecting but it will take awhile.

Good Luck

Hi im 23 yrs old and started to recieve ssdi payment a year ago which was back dated to my active duty in the army gaurd ait.

I just sent out the final packet to the va.

The packet says ill have a response within 30 days but i see alot of horror stories.

I have no insurance or car or phone so i was unable to get documentation from doctors.

My ssdi from beginning to end only took me 6 months.

Any opinions i have mdd biopolar 2 ptsd general anxiety.

Welcome,

First off, I wouldn't put much stock into the VA providing resolve or answers to your claim issues

within 30 days, as someone else posted you might get a letter from them stating something like

we received your claim and will be working on it.

Chance's are slim that VA will be as prompt as SSA (six months).

When was the active duty portion of your army guard ?

Were you deployed ? If yes, When and to Where ?

You posted you have MDD - bipolar - PTSD and general anxiety.

What conditions have you requested service connection for ?

How do you feel theses are related to active duty ?

VA compensates for one mental health disability, even if other's are comorbid.

• HadIt.com Elder

Do you have a permanent address? If not get a P.O. box. The VA has to be able to send you mail. The best evidence you have is your SSDI approval if it is for PTST etc. Are you homeless? You really need a permanent address and phone. The VA can help homeless vets. Try not to change VARO's while you wait for your decision. Big moves across country etc can foul things up for you. When you are young and down and out there is the temptation to think going some place else will solve your problems, but it ain't so. I was disabled at a young age (21) and I drifted around with no fixed address. My permanent address was my mother's home for mail and phone messages.