VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam Lasted About 10 Minutes

Rate this question

usmcfigdaddy

Question

"Even though you meet one or more of the criteria for a higher evaluation ,and a gaf score of 43 ,your over all evidentiary record shows that severity has not increased...the exam was on a Friday afternoon.I emailed my VSO a week ago and still have not received an answer about what to do next...I have lost all faith in her and have had several heated exchanges with her about her lack of feed back and NEVER a reply on emails sent to her office..This was my 2ND C&P....have a hearing scheduled before the board of appeals sometime in the near future..not sure when..I have asked her for a copy of all material sent by her office to the VA on my behalf and she says she will not do this...Should I TRY to find another VSO..currently with Military Order Of The Purple Heart..I receive 2PH in Nam in 69 with 1st MarDiv ...I really NEED some help on this ..just at a lost of what to do for now..

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Sorry to hear of your frustration.

If you're able, you can handle the claim yourself - you fire your VSO by revoking Power Of Attorney.

You could change VSO's but may find yourself in the same situation.

Researching on Hadit and elsewhere can make you more knowledgeable and competent than some VSO's.

Good luck!

Can you tell us what the breakdown of your SC % is?

"Even though you meet one or more of the criteria for a higher evaluation ,and a gaf score of 43 ,your over all evidentiary record shows that severity has not increased?"

Is it Me or WTF does that mean? You meet the criteria for a higher rating.

Have you had any change in meds to show increase in severity?

Any employment or school issues to reflect increase in severity?

Do they comp you for any scarring due to the PHs?

Have you read over your med recs carefully to see if the 'evidentiary record' DOES show increase in severity?

Did the VA give you any further rationale at all for what they said?

Do you have a copy of the C & P exam they based this on?

• HadIt.com Elder

Have you applied for SSDI? A GAF of 43 does not compute with a 50% rating if you are not working. If you need a representative on this I would hire a lawyer. Your VSO probably blew the case and is trying to cover up.

Can you tell us what the breakdown of your SC % is?

"Even though you meet one or more of the criteria for a higher evaluation ,and a gaf score of 43 ,your over all evidentiary record shows that severity has not increased?"

Is it Me or WTF does that mean? You meet the criteria for a higher rating.

Have you had any change in meds to show increase in severity?

Any employment or school issues to reflect increase in severity?

Do they comp you for any scarring due to the PHs?

Have you read over your med recs carefully to see if the 'evidentiary record' DOES show increase in severity?

Did the VA give you any further rationale at all for what they said?

Do you have a copy of the C & P exam they based this on?

Berta, I am 50% for PTSD and haven't worked in about 2 years...I am on meds for night mares and anxiety since my 1st eval...Just called my VSO and she hadn't had a chance to look at my latest C&P report and I feel sure she got it the same time I did a week ago...says next board hearing is in Feb2012

Have you applied for SSDI? A GAF of 43 does not compute with a 50% rating if you are not working. If you need a representative on this I would hire a lawyer. Your VSO probably blew the case and is trying to cover up.

John, you may be right...it is just so hard for me to deal with this crap...I noticed a lawyer has a link on this site..has anyone used him or where could an old Marine fine some legal help on this matter...

Berta, I am 50% for PTSD and haven't worked in about 2 years...I am on meds for night mares and anxiety since my 1st eval...Just called my VSO and she hadn't had a chance to look at my latest C&P report and I feel sure she got it the same time I did a week ago...says next board hearing is in Feb2012

usmc -

Sorry to hear about your results. Go for the reconsideration/appeal, and get another rep. What is your regional office?? I'm curious about your VSO's organization - she sounds a lot like my former VSO. I fired her, and found another who's already done more in a few months than she did in a few years. If you feel you're being slighted, you should find someone else. As you're looking for a VSO/Lawyer, interview them. Remember, it's YOUR issue/appeal on the line, not theirs.