VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Did Not Claim Tdiu But They Say I Did

Rate this question

Stu Pidasso

Question

I started my new claim September 14 2010. I had all my C&P exams completed as of March 21st 2011. My claim has been waiting to be rated by the Winston Salem Regional Office since the 28th of March2011. Since then my house has been in foreclosure and I have recieved numerous letters saying it will be auctioned. My car was repossesed. I requested to expedite my claim due to financial hardship. I sent in copies of my foreclosure notices and a statement of why I feel I deserve to have my claim expedited. 3 days after I faxed in the afore mentioned information I got an envelope in the mail with a vcaa and an explanation of what the VA has recieved and what they are requesting. Evidently they want to have me do another exam because of a claim of Individual Unemployability. I did not request this and do not know why it is on there. I want to know if I send in the VCAA and say that I have nothing more to add for evidence and do not want them to wait 30 days, will they go ahead and rate my claim for will I have to wait for the next exam? I had a request for IU sent with the other information and VCAA in this envelope. I am thinking I will just send in the VCAA and a statement saying that I do not want to claim IU and I would appreciate if they would just rate my claim based on the information given to them at this time.

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Stu you are looking at this too negatively.

My take is this: The Last exam you had must have triggered the IU issue. Now they want you to be further examined to get an opinion as to your future int he work force.

Contrary to popular belief, veterans do not file for TDIU. IU is not a rateable disability. IU regardless of if is inferred or requested for will be treated as a claim for an increase of a condition or conditions. IU is an ancillary benefit for Veterans who's disabilities are not rateable at 100 percent (usually because the rating schedule doesn't have a 100 percent criteria.)

Go to the exam and relax.

Hang in there.

Basser

Well here this goes,

I was not able to get a ride to the c&p but I was able to make it to the appointment for my xrays and my hearing.

I hope there is sufficient medical evidence of record.

Missing a C&P is a huge - no - no - no !

JMHO

Edited to add - I would call and request the C&P be rescheduled.

You can probably set it up to pay a cab to come and take you.

• HadIt.com Elder

JMHO

DEATH-is the only reason to miss a C & P. If I'm the VARO & see vet missed C & P I don't even care why. After years of trying to help, I'm convinced there are some people you can't help. I'm very sorry, hope I'm wrong but I'm getting that feeling again. The poor preacher does this every Sunday...after all his guidance some people don't get it..there are plenty of people waiting on claim if you aren't going to even help yourself please consider telling the VA that you don't care & to forget about your claim.

Edited by evandc

JMHO

DEATH-is the only reason to miss a C & P. If I'm the VARO & see vet missed C & P I don't even care why. After years of trying to help, I'm convinced there are some people you can't help. I'm very sorry, hope I'm wrong but I'm getting that feeling again. The poor preacher does this every Sunday...after all his guidance some people don't get it..there are plenty of people waiting on claim if you aren't going to even help yourself please consider telling the VA that you don't care & to forget about your claim.

The issue is that they scheduled two exams at the same time in two different buildings that are side by side with the same address but different street names. So it was not my fault that I missed one of them. You really do not know the sittuation so I would recommend not passing a judgement with such a sarcastic comment. If you think I do not care about my claim it is obvious you have not followed too much of what I have said nor are you aware of what all I have done to make it happen.

*** CONTENT HERE HAS BEEN EDITED OUT BY ADMIN.

PLEASE REFER BACK TO THE HOMEPAGE FOR MEMBERSHIP RULES.

I have done everything I was supposed to do gathered all my information sent all my letters certified, saved the proof of sending them along with copies, kept a phone log complete with names dates and times. When I arrived at the place to do the xrays I was told I was on time and I checked in and everything was fine. Once I realized that the C&P was not to be done here at the location I was at I called QTC they said not to worry that it happens all the time at this location because, as I said earlier the Address, Suite, and name are all the same just he street is different and the buildings share the same parking lot. I am aware that you do not want to miss exams I have had 5 of them now and made all of them. I was able to reschedule the exam right there on the spot. As a matter of fact I went over to the correct building found out the appointments that were available and called QTC myself and helped them set it up. I really appreciate those of you that have helped me by explaining some things and giving me good advice. I also want to send a big thankyou to Jbasser for explaining how IU works. I hate the thought of not being able to go back to work and be productive. It is hard to accept. I was an Airborne Ranger now I am just well....never mind. Anyway the exam today went great. The doctor said he could see what I was talking about and I feels as though this exam should go along with my others. What I was told is that he is not here to treat or diagnose. He is here to write down what I say and what he sees. I have not blown any smoke screens nor have I insinuated that I wanted something for nothing. Thanks again everyone!!!

Edited by carlie
Breech of membership rules

Stu, don't forget to get the copies of your exams. As you probably know, they will more than likely show how and where your claim is headed.

Coot

Stu, don't forget to get the copies of your exams. As you probably know, they will more than likely show how and where your claim is headed.

Coot

Now that you mention it, how exactly do I get a copy of the QTC exam?

I got copies of my C&P exams when VA did them and posted 2 of them on here