Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hearing Aids Finally!

Rate this topic

NamTanker

Been fighting with the VA since 1972 for my hearing loss. Finally last week, they approved me for hearing aids, I will get them in Nov.

Had appealed my VA claim for Disability, they had only given me 10% for tinitis, yet now they told me I have hearing loss and are giving me hearing aids. So hope they will up my Disability for hearing loss.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Glad you're getting the hearing aids (HA's). VA will do that for "all vets" needing them. As for increasing your percentage due to hearing loss, don't count on it. You need to be practically completely deaf for the VA to pay compensation, for it. I love my HA's! I'm 10% for tinnitis and have no SC award for hearing loss, as it was denied (not severe enough). I got mine just over a year ago and I love them a n d the VA didn't think they'd help me. I first noticed a difference on my car radio. I heard a high pitched scratchy sound. Turned out to be the drummer, hitting the symbols, which I hadn't heard in can't remember when. Enjoy them, especially with the TV bluetooth capability!! jmo

pr

Been fighting with the VA since 1972 for my hearing loss. Finally last week, they approved me for hearing aids, I will get them in Nov.

Had appealed my VA claim for Disability, they had only given me 10% for tinitis, yet now they told me I have hearing loss and are giving me hearing aids. So hope they will up my Disability for hearing loss.

• HadIt.com Elder

I have hearing aides the VA issued 2. They are a miracle I really had no idea how bad my hearing was. I would guess at what people were saying. Like Philip I got hearing aids with blue tooth which is great for phone.

I had to get mine adjusted once after I had it for a month. Its a wonderful world and I still am in awe. '

'

The fight to get them is worth it and don't forget you can email to get replacement batteries. They say they get them to you in 7 to 10 days but it is more like 2 weeks to 3. Not that I am complaining I ask when I get down to a month. Batteries are supposed to last a week but mine usual are gone in 4 to 5 days.

• HadIt.com Elder

Wait until you get cataract surgery! Your new vision will be like when the movie "Wizard of Oz" goes from black and white to color. Can you believe the VA would not go cataract surgery for me, but medicare paid for it. I got a great doctor and a near perfect result. I had no idea how blind I was until 20 minutes after surgery. It was instant and pain free surgical success.

keep pushing, I got mine after a denial in 84, I also got 50% this passed Aug., 10% for tinnitus and 20% each ear. But they only went bach 6 months on back pay I am appealing that now.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use