Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Call Finally Came 9-20-11 =100%

Rate this topic

bama01

After 13 months I was sitting at the house and the phone rang, I answered and it was the call I have been waiting on for a long time, the lady ask me a bunch of questions and told me that I was rated 100% and I would get my first check on Oct. 1st 2011 and that she was releasing my retro pay then... I was very happy! I was also told that I can not own a gun or handle my own finances without going through a competency hearing which I knew was coming, I'm good with it and that is the end result of our service and injuries...

For those that are wondering my Regional Office was Montgomery, AL, my last C&P was on June 21 and my claim was finished on the 20th of Sept. 2011, so a total of 3 months for a decision to be made after last appointment and then about 10 days for payment, she did say that my retro pay would be released that same day so when I will get it no one knows...but it should be before the 1st of Oct.

Thank y'all for the help...

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the competency issue- who are they going to release the retro to?

That's great! Sorry for what brought you to this place, but glad at least that you won't have to fight the VA for the rest of your life to be equitably compensated.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use