Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Claims Posted To Ebenifits 9 19 11

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

All,

My previous claims were completed a couple of months ago and then I requested and received a copy of my medical records from the VA hospital where I go for everything and did some reading. I am claiming five issues that I found in the record and one just because I can. Comment on any, suggestions, and wish me luck.

1. Left shoulder condition-they took x-rays of both shoulders for my right shoulder increase and said I should request addition of arthritis for my left shoulder. Already 10% left shoulder for tendinopothy, so combined not stacked, probably no increase.

2. Plantar's warts-C&P examiner recommended that I claim this as I had them removed twice while on active duty and once since I left service, right foot only. Hoping for 10%.

3. Hemorrhoids-Just had my 50 year short colonoscopy, doctor commented on my having internal and external hemorrhoids, with history of such. No issues at this time, just would like service connection. Probably 0%.

4. Thoracic spine arthritis-Recent x-ray shows DDD/DJD and arthritis. Same thing showed up on my neck (DDD at 20%), doctor said it was progressed enough to have started on active duty. I'm thinking 10%.

5. Lumbar spine arthritis-Recent x-ray shows DDD and arthritis. See (thoracic) above. Probably combined with above. 10% total, unless ROM is the issue, graded accordingly combined with thoracic.

6. Acquired psychiatric disorder to include obsessive compulsive disorder-Been seeing a VA councilor for 4 months after ocd comments from family and coworkers. We'll see on this one. No clue?

Currently at 65 rounded to 70, so I would have to hit a 20 and a 10, or three 10's for a increase in compensation. Probably won't hit that, however, it would be good to get some of these SC'd for the future if I were to have complication in these areas, etc.

Thanks,

Hamslice

“There is no hook my friend. There's only what we do.”  Doc Holiday 

• Answers 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

All,

Had the 2nd C&P yesterday for my referred plantar wart claim, and my case went to "Review of Evidence" today as eBenifits says that they got the results today. Don't really know what to expect now. I had a C&P previously, were (I thought) the examiner saw my plantar warts had all been removed and healed and commented as such and had told me that a wart I had on my achilies heel was NOT a plantar wart, but (she now told me) had later added to the exam that wart as it is related to the type plantar wart that the claim was for. This C&P was now for scars related to the warts. She did comment as she was typing after examining my feet that she saw two "barely visisble" scars from the warts that had healed.

So, form what I gathered from her, one, she stated that I had a wart currently at the time of the first C&P and, two, I have two "barely visible" scars from my C&P yesterday.

I believe that since I have had two C&P's since my other 4 issues (5 issues were filed together) have been settled, I will be SC'd for plantar warts.

I had previously thought that it would be at a 0%, however not so sure now.

A 10% would be nice as it would move me up to the next level, but I am not expecting it. Just that it would be a nice supprise.

Wish me luck,

Hamslice

“There is no hook my friend. There's only what we do.”  Doc Holiday 

Well, as the old saying goes-through the kitchen sink at them and see what sticks..

I should have been rated for more than what I put in. My mistake. I let someone else do it and now I have been playing catch up for years. These claims should have been put in, now a day late-dollar short.

Wish you look as well. I have 3 NOD claims going on 3 years, and 6 new claims. I claimed each side of the body separate, In other words,Np-right side. Np-left side secondary to cervical. With this latest kitchen sink episode-this ought to be done in about 5-10 years with all the appeals included.

Good luck Hamslice!

I initially did what I thought was the fiscally conservative thing when I retired back in 2004 and claimed only major issues. By 2008, I started regretting that, as the minor issues were becoming major. So, in my attempt to cover that uncovered initial ground, the kitchen sink tactic was applied involuntarily.

After some much wiser souls then me have advised, “You’re not asking for anything you’re not entitled to!” or basically, the kitchen sink is what ~25 years of Army life left me with.

So, I submitted increases and added those “Then minor/now major” issues in October 2010. On 1 September 2012 my claim in eBenefits shows closed. On a chance, I go to my VA letters and check…to my surprise I find that my AB8 went from $931 to $3037 and my AB3 tells me I’m 100% with no further exams required.

The good fight has triumphed! I’m still not really counting my chickens until I get the packet in the mail but it still feels good to know that it's close to being over!biggrin.png

By the way, is that Eagle River Wisconsin?

• HadIt.com Elder

Good luck Hamslice!

I initially did what I thought was the fiscally conservative thing when I retired back in 2004 and claimed only major issues. By 2008, I started regretting that, as the minor issues were becoming major. So, in my attempt to cover that uncovered initial ground, the kitchen sink tactic was applied involuntarily.

After some much wiser souls then me have advised, “You’re not asking for anything you’re not entitled to!” or basically, the kitchen sink is what ~25 years of Army life left me with.

So, I submitted increases and added those “Then minor/now major” issues in October 2010. On 1 September 2012 my claim in eBenefits shows closed. On a chance, I go to my VA letters and check…to my surprise I find that my AB8 went from $931 to $3037 and my AB3 tells me I’m 100% with no further exams required.

The good fight has triumphed! I’m still not really counting my chickens until I get the packet in the mail but it still feels good to know that it's close to being over!biggrin.png

Congratulations,'Inthewind'.

Edited by Commander Bob

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

Good luck Hamslice!

By the way, is that Eagle River Wisconsin?

Most excellent for you!

Limbo is status quo for the VARO.