VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Audio C & P Exam On Tuesday

Rate this question

buzzard

Question

Almost a year to the day I initially called VA to get a claim started, I have a C & P Exam scheduled on Tuesday regarding my claim for Tinnitus and Hearing Loss.

Initially, my personal ENT told me I had tinnitus and hearing loss, but should get an in-depth hearing exam. I went to the local VAMC regarding my hearing and they sent me to a VA Hospital last December.

The VA ENT said I had hearing loss, tinnitus and ordered hearing aids for me. BTW, he did ask me if I did much shooting, I told him "not really" but that when I did, I ALWAYS wear hearing protection.

I received and started wearing the hearing aids this past March. I am assuming that my hearing loss/tinnitus disability claim should not be too difficult...?

What should I expect at the Exam?

Thanks, Dave

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Standard military-style hearing exam - booth with headphones, low tones -> high tones, spoken word recognition, etc... Nothing to worry about.

"BTW, he did ask me if I did much shooting, I told him "not really" but that when I did, I ALWAYS wear hearing protection."

I think they are looking for whether you wore protective hearing gear in the Mil?

Or could he have meant civilian hunting season?

"I am assuming that my hearing loss/tinnitus disability claim should not be too difficult...?

What should I expect at the Exam?"

There should be a blank audio C & P worksheet here under a hadit search for AMIE worksheets.

Does your MOS or anything in your SMRs provide the nexus (link) of the current hearing problems to your service?

Like did you work on a loud runway if you were not in combat? I dont understand the 'not really part'.

I am 10% for hearing and 10% for tinnitus. The test itself is a piece of cake. Getting service connected is another story. It took ME a couple of times to get it. I have a deep sensoneural hearing loss in my left ear with no speech recognition. I have some hearing loss on my right with 94% speech recognition. I hope this helps.

A VSO once told me hearing is the toughest disability to get?

Waldo

Just may be, I was denied back in 84, drop it and asked my claim to be reopen in 08,, got 2 hearing test at the VA center in Tuskegee Al. one in Dec 2010 next one was July 2011, on Aug, 4 I got the big brown envelope and I got 50% SC disabillity.20% each ear, and 10% tinitus. So don't ever give up, go and appeal it and ask for 50%. I have file a claim for PTSD waiting on word from the VA on what to do next. Good Luck