Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Long Time Coming

Rate this topic

Rottilver

• HadIt.com Elder

When you get a big retro check sit on the money for a while. That is a once in a life time bonus. Think about what you need and not what you want. That money will let you sleep at night for a long time if it is sitting some place safe.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founder

Wow! That is great news! Congratulations and remember what others say don't spend the money to fast, this is a once in a lifetime event, make sure you take care of yourself, that is the most important thing.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats on "WINNING" now just don't pull a "Charlie Sheen" yes it is nice to get those back pay checks but how bad was the years you had to wait for them? They are NOT giving any of us anything we deserve those checks otherwise they wouldn't be sending them to us congrats on sticking with it long enough to "win"

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

I am about to cry...Seriously!!! :smile: Glad to see you getting what you earned. I can't wait for that day to come for me and I am hopeful it will be soon. Congrats!!!!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use