VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Student Loans

Rate this topic

RuskiLinguist

http://www2.ed.gov/o...rms/disable.pdf

Is the form I used. I doesnt read like you would expect. but submitting this along with the rating decision granting Either 100%, 100% P&T, or TDIU and the loans will be forgiven.

For those who are 100% or TDIU, they will send you a notice stating that you are not P&T. KEEP READING! It says that they will review your evidence to see in you are 100% or TDIU.

The next letter will have your approval in it.

When I studied Russian, I found it impossible ot write a simple letter home because of the alphabet differences, but I'm feeling much better now ;-)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again RL...I've also applied for the Student loan forgiveness program (so I'll keep everyone posted on the outcome).

Back from being sick like dog.

I downloaded the form and this statement makes me wonder... it's in the first few paragraphs of the form:

If you are a veteran, you will be considered totally and permanently disabled for purposes of this discharge if you provide documentation from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)

showing that you have been determined to be unemployable due to a service-connected disability.

DH's Decision Letter doesn't mention employablility at all. Is being 100% considered unemployable by the Student Loan people?

Sorry to dither about this, but really don't want to botch this up.

Thanks!!

I understand the hesitation which is why i mentioned that it doesn't read as you would think it should.

Fill out this form, and send it in with the 100% letter from the VA. They will first look to see if you are P&T. They will send you back a letter saying that you are not P&T, but that they are reviewing the evidence you sent to see if you are TDIU or 100% for sevice connected disabilities. Again, don't panic, and employment is not a condition of the student loan forgiveness.

You do not need a doctor to fil out section 4. Your VA letter is all the evidence you need.

Hey Hedgey,

I just watched a movie that reminded me of my PTSD symptoms, and what DH must be going through. Have you ever seen the Harrison Ford playing Indiana Jones in the Raiders of the Lost Ark? I am reminded of the scene where he is standing on the edge of a cliff and remembering his fathers words about having faith. He steps out into what appears to be a bottomless chasm, and was happily rewarded with a bridge that was an optical illusion right in his path.

Because of his faith in someone who would never steer him wrong, he was rewarded.

I know there are many former military people here would love to be able to have just a small portion of that kind of faith/trust in ANYONE else on the face of this planet. Reward them all by trusting this man whom you have never met, but can probably describe to your closest friend without much error.

Submit the application, receive the reward, and then pay forward the love;-)

None of us would ever deliberately steer the others wrong;-)

Your Ruski Linguist

Do Svidaniya, Ljeta

@ hedgey - If you need a lil more information you can call 888-303-7818 and they will lead you in the right direction because alot of the student loan writers are still new to this VA Loan discharge - you can also visit http://www.NSLDS.ED.GOV and you can find out who you owe student loans too and where to mail the forms. I called the number this morning and was advised that I only needed to complete the 1st page of the 4 page print out and only mail the 1st page with a copy of your letter from the VA on the VA letterhead stating you are 100% P&T with the signature mine has (S.L. Smith) and that's all that would be needed and if any additional info is needed wants it's receive they will contact you. Hope this helps.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use