Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

It Worked... I Am Stunned

Rate this topic

Geo4K

Geo4K

Congrats and thank you very much for sharing this with us. I am in the same exact boat as you but I have a little more "radiculopathy" that you but that is sure kind of brightens my day. I am hoping that they also find favor on my part like you were.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love hearing the victories!! Good for you and yours!

Was you able to get the window assembled after reading the award letter?..ha

Coot

So, here it is:

After 23 months, several claims/reconsiderations and you gotta be FN kidding me letters, the VA came through for me with a 80% service connected disability rating. Bastards - I never asked for anything that I thought I didn't deserve and was a valid claim. And, it took me over 4 years to file and figure out that I needed to file

My wife came to me in the garage - I was installing a window regulator in her van - I was stressing becasue the part took 10 days to get to me and I might have forgotten to put it back together

! She left and tore the big white envelope open, Heart pounding away, hands greasy and shaking I start to read - but without my glasses..... stress, I see something about a 50%, a 0 to 10 and a 10 to a 20. i JUST WANT TO GET TO THE ON IN THE LETTER WHERE IT SAYS WHAT THE OVERALL RATTING IS! IT SAID 80%. i just stood there, did a little more work and took a deep breath and found her. Look dear, we car live pay off our bills now. I need to make a plan for this. I looked at the one SC rated at 0% for migrains and dizzy spells and may let it slide... They acknowledge it and I think thay it would be hard to move past 80% I am pleased.

I do l need to add Michelle as a full time college student at UNM shr is worth another $192 a month,this could push my pay to $2K monthly. It was a lot of work ad many dleeplessness nights.

and the Packers are undefeated --- Its all well my friends,1

I could have posted more hehlfo infom but i not at my best right now

When I come back in here, I'll be relaxed ad ready to help all,. Great folks in here helpef me go from less that 50 all the way to 80 - I never exoected this big reward

I'll try not to post after U take my ambien,,,, but I was so happy and wanted to share - please excuse me.

Not to be a chump, I'll pay the dues and join the DAV as a lifetime member now - I can afford it.

I am free

George, I was so please to read that you had received this positive notice. We all know how much you deserve it and how have you worked for it. You also give me courage to keep fighting for myself. Thank you for this and your service my friend.

Buddy

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use