Popular Forums: VA Disability Claims - Appealing Your Claims NOD, DRO, BVA, USCAVC -Compensation & Pension Exams - E-Benefits Questions - PTSD 

Popular Posts C and P Exam – Do’s and Don’tsDisability Rating Calculator |6 Reasons to Keep Pursuing Claims and Appeals – AFTER you reach 100% | More

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about when it comes to filing Veterans Affairs Disability Claims. Chris Attig - Veterans Law Blog

Popular Forums Common VA Disabilities

Popular Topics  Tinnitus | Hearing loss | Post-traumatic stress disorder | Lumbosacral or cervical strain | Scars, general | Limitation of flexion, knee | Paralysis of the sciatic nerve | Limitation of motion of the ankle | Diabetes mellitus | Migraine | Limitation of flexion, knee

Popular Forums: VA Disability Claims - Appealing Your Claims NOD, DRO, BVA, USCAVC -Compensation & Pension Exams - E-Benefits Questions - PTSD 

Popular Posts C and P Exam – Do’s and Don’tsDisability Rating Calculator6 Reasons to Keep Pursuing Claims and Appeals – AFTER you reach 100% | More

Berta

Nvlsp Recommends

Question

I emailed my NVLSP contact this AM for a different matter here but mentioned to him how I have urged all getting Nehmer retro to,at some point, check to make sure those awards are correct.

The historic rate charts are at the VA web site and they go back quite far. I got them back to 1991.

"I definitely recommend that veterans closely review their Nehmer retro awards to ensure the disability ratings, dependency info, SMC, etc. are correct. They can also submit new evidence to show that they were entitled to a higher rating for the retro period.  They need to file an NOD to do so, so they have a 1-year deadline from the date of the VA’s notice letter."

from Rick Spataro NVLSP (Nehmer Attorney)

1 answer to this question