boomer2

Question

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Any way you slice it, the Va doling out $111 million in Exec bonuses while Veterans wait in a million man line for benefits, is a disgrace. Whether you blame congress, or the VA, it is still very unfair to Vets. I think the blame is shared. Congress gives the VA the freedom to spend this money where they want, and the VA abuses this discretion.

Edited by broncovet

It's not the bonus's that really make us angry its the fact that they are rewarded in a system that is by far the stupidest system ever to be created, the amount of rules and regulations that are created to deny any claims and time it takes should be unconstitutional.

The percentages of disability is such a scam, it takes tens of thousands of people to perform this task.

I think that it needs to be a lot simpler, and no I have no idea how to make this happen, but what I do have is a big question?

Why is there so many little pockets of veterans and not a huge group of us that require the begging of the congress to get our vote, than deals could be made to help fix the VA and the years it takes to get denied.

For 80 years, we just keep letting them decide our fate.

Bonuses for VA managers suck

for those that know higher math, add a few suck exponents to how many mangers that suck at their job...

for every claim that gets denied and then takes many years for it to be reversed and given to the sick disabled vet, the va manager should get money taken, away... so they have an incentive to actually read the documents and get the claim right the first time,,, how about they sign a document that says 'I read all lthe evidence, under penalty of prosecution, being fired, etc..' they have no clue the suffering they could prevent if they actually did their jobs correctly. and read the evidence... it sickens me to think the screwups actually get bonuses on top of being paid to be stupid...

post-5809-0-53242400-1321837950_thumb.jp

• HadIt.com Elder

A bonus for doing your job properly? Hah! That's why people get paid in the first place. These days, many workers in private industry are lucky to keep the job they have.

In not a few instances, workers are being told that there pay will stay the same or even decrease, and the only alternative is to go find a job elsewhere.

A bonus may be paid for accomplishments above and beyond the normal duties of a position, but not for competent performance in the position.

The VA is in a similar position to a company that is going bankrup, or Krupp industries during WWII. Seems that Krupp's factories were bombed out, no production, etc.

Yet the administrative headquarters was churning out paper as if the plants were in full production, and had a full to overflowing staff. There were serious repercussions when the German government (such as it was) found out. Something about the Eastern front needing more "cannon fodder".

The VA is a bureaucrats wet dream. Horribly inefficient and redundant system. Years to do things that the SSA (as slow as it is) seems to be able to do in months, and a real error rate that is through the roof. Penalty for error? What penalty? A veteran cannot collect interest on long delayed payment, and is (if lucky) paid in depreciated dollars. Quotas are for quantity, not quality. It's easier (and faster) to deny a claim, and get credit, than it is to get credit for an approved claim.

I know this is not the way the VA thinks. But the bonuses should be given to the agencies that exceed satisfactory performance

The intent od the "incentives" and "bonuses" are for retention of stellar employees.

The intent per the audit/report - is not being followed.

The audits/ reports is about the only way to hold their feet to the fire on this issue,

so they can be held accountable.

JMHO

Hello Carlie,

I do not think there is really any way to effectively hold the VA s feet to the fire. The OIG, then Oversight Committees, and the House and Senate subcommittees keep identifying the problems with the bonus system yet it just keeps on ginning along. How can the VA continue to just ignore these institutions that are suppose to keep them in check? It is so frustrating seeing the abuse of the system and then being paid bonuses for really little to no performance. I just am at a loss of how to best keep this thing from continuing to operate and wasting tax dollars. Its like the members of Congress know what is going on but noone wants to get in there and stop it. Carlie am I missing something here and maybe being too critical of the VA and these attempts to keep the VA in check? As always NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.