Jump to content

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

  • homepage-banner-2024.png

  • donate-be-a-hero.png

  • 0

Sudent Loan Discharge Question...

Rate this question



I was found disabiled in 2006 thorugh social securtiy...i got loans up till 2007 and consolidated loan in 2008...I was wondering since i have been seeing my va doctors over the last coupple of years and i am at 70 percent disabilty thrugh va....When i fill out form to get my loan compeltely discharged do i ask my va dr to say i became competly disbialed around 2008 or so...i mean over last 3 years my condition have gotten worse and their not social securty tootaly realeted they are service connected ...i know when u get social security disiabilrty is like ur disablied but the form says if ur getting worse ..????

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • Moderator

In order to collect SSI you have to be unable to work anyway, I wouldnt think you need to tell them about VA-SSI already has you as disabled.

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T




Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021


(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator

You can take the student loan discharge application to your Doc and ask him to fill it out. If he does, it is likelys you will get it. The new law says if you are 100% P and T, you dont even need a MD statement to get your student loan discharged..all you need is confirmation from the VA that you are P and T. This has been discussed elsewhere in the forum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use