VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Now The Wait.....

Rate this question

ArmyDaughter

Question

Just wanted to thank all who assisted with my crash course in VA procedure! I had never dealth with any of this before I received the Nehmer letter for my dad. I have submitted all information they asked for, plus some. So now we wait! It's horrifying to see how long some of you vets and widows have had to wait for these claims that you are so deserving of, but I know that is how the VA is. Dad never talked to me alot about his medical problems, but I do remember him being very frustrated trying to deal with the VA.

I wish you all the best of luck in whatever your battle with the VA is!!!

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Armydaughter, It will take some time, wait for about 3-4 months then call 1-800 number, I hope you are set up on Ebenefit or if you can? May be in 3-4 months or closer to 6-8 months they might look at your file. After a 10 months call the 1-800 every 2-3 weeks. Always be nice :rolleyes: Good luck and God Bless!

I don't know about the Ebenefit, is this something I should look into or is for the veteran only?? I'm just his daughter, not a spouse so don't know if they would let me do that. Guess that is something else I can research while I wait :smile:

The VA doesn't let widows use the e benefits thing.Probably no survivor can use it.

When time passes and you want an update on the claim, call 1-800-827-1000 and click on the ebenefits # they give and then tell the VA rep you are a survivor of a veteran and cannot use e benefits.

Last time I called there was a waiting list for the reps and VA called me back within about an hour as to the status of my AO claim.