VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Incompetence Again

Rate this question

bobbyq

Question

GAWD..........................what the heck is going on? Vet served in KOREA and his claim was denied cause he was inot in VIETNAM!! Amazing, so we tell them we never said VIETNAM, we said KOREA, did you read our paperwork? OK we got that settled and a decision was issued for the vet at 90%, but his ischemic heart disease was denied cause he did not make an appointment they had scheduled. OK the day of the decision we requested the exam be rescheduled cause the VA Decision Letter requested that we ask for a reschedule. We did that and then NOT one week later we get another later that "you were previously denied service connection for ischemic heart disease. You were notified on Oct. 26, 2011. The appeal period for that decision has expired and the decision is now final." The letter is dated December 8, 2011. What in the h)@#$@) is going on?

It is so maddening that whatever you file, is not THOUROUHLY (?) READ!!!! Went to the local VARO and "oh we have a lot of new people, and we are so swamped" I personally do not CARE. You have a JOB, take pride in it and pay attention. I asked about another case where I have an appeal, the rep tells me Oh you will not win that and it will take about five years.............Hey I am not going anywhere and I will see it through.

I could go on but like the VA, I QUIT!!

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I've had the same problem with the VA. I had two separate medical issues that I filed for, and the VA lumped the two conditions into one. Well, low and behold, they don't have a schedule for this weird-ass condition, so they denied me. Okay, so I write a detailed and specific letter under a CUE. Denied. This process has now taken almost 4 years. They clearly are not reading anything I have sent to them. I'd like to think that my letter couldn't have more clearer. My only solution was to schedule a video conference with the BVA, and in the meantime, I'm making appointments with my Orthopaedic doctors and will get their nexus letters, forward them to the BVA, and present my case person-to-person. I guess the good way to look at it, is that it will be a huge back pay when I'm finally approved. I have no doubt it will be eventually. The VA is almost a criminal organization.

They have tried the same thing with me a couple of times.

When they send you a letter closing your claim and you met all your deadlines, simply send a copy of the correspondence/I-9 form that was sent with a photocopy of the return receipt showing who at the VARO signed for the package. In the second paragraph of the letter sending them copies of this information, I ask for a confirmation that they have corrected their error and the appeal has been placed back in its proper place in line for processing.

In about three weeks to a month I get a letter(once) or phone call(2 other times) indicating that it was listed as closed in error and actually never was pulled from the process (I also believe in the Tooth Fairy, Elvis is alive, and the Easter Bunny). The next I hear from them is the standard we are processing your claim/appeal and experiencing delays due to the large number of pending claims(paraphrased).

Best regards,

They have tried the same thing with me a couple of times.

When they send you a letter closing your claim and you met all your deadlines, simply send a copy of the correspondence/I-9 form that was sent with a photocopy of the return receipt showing who at the VARO signed for the package. In the second paragraph of the letter sending them copies of this information, I ask for a confirmation that they have corrected their error and the appeal has been placed back in its proper place in line for processing.

In about three weeks to a month I get a letter(once) or phone call(2 other times) indicating that it was listed as closed in error and actually never was pulled from the process (I also believe in the Tooth Fairy, Elvis is alive, and the Easter Bunny). The next I hear from them is the standard we are processing your claim/appeal and experiencing delays due to the large number of pending claims(paraphrased).

Best regards,

YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD BE BEAUTIFUL.......................That someone in Congress or that someone in the VA System would read some of these posts. FAT CHANCE of that happening but they need to wake up and pay attention. Short of a revolution what can we do to make them aware of their incompetence???

I am thinking of that scene in Mel Gibson's We Were Soldiers where he says "Broken Arrow". It just seems like the delays and denials are deliberate now and any excuse that can be latched onto is used.....

GAWD..........................what the heck is going on? Vet served in KOREA and his claim was denied cause he was inot in VIETNAM!! Amazing, so we tell them we never said VIETNAM, we said KOREA, did you read our paperwork? OK we got that settled and a decision was issued for the vet at 90%, but his ischemic heart disease was denied cause he did not make an appointment they had scheduled. OK the day of the decision we requested the exam be rescheduled cause the VA Decision Letter requested that we ask for a reschedule. We did that and then NOT one week later we get another later that "you were previously denied service connection for ischemic heart disease. You were notified on Oct. 26, 2011. The appeal period for that decision has expired and the decision is now final." The letter is dated December 8, 2011. What in the h)@#$@) is going on?

It is so maddening that whatever you file, is not THOUROUHLY (?) READ!!!! Went to the local VARO and "oh we have a lot of new people, and we are so swamped" I personally do not CARE. You have a JOB, take pride in it and pay attention. I asked about another case where I have an appeal, the rep tells me Oh you will not win that and it will take about five years.............Hey I am not going anywhere and I will see it through.

I could go on but like the VA, I QUIT!!

I've been thinking of setting myself on fire in the lobby of the VA.

If you really are thinking about doing that, you should probably go in and see your mental health provider (I know, not easy).

Their as some good reasons not too!

1. the bastards win.

2. They will put you out with a fire extinguisher/s.

a. They will charge you with arson, and put your but in jail where they will control everything.

b. They will blame all your worsening compensable conditions on the self inflicted burns.

3. See one and two above.

I hope things get better for you soon.

Best regards,