VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Physical Exam By Pa

Rate this question

JamesPT

Question

Hello everyone. I have been gone for several months and justhave been dealing with health issues, claims process etc. The latest action taken by the VA was to deny my claim for secondary ailments, (feet, knees and back) as I wrote several months ago these ailments are the result of a primary service connected injury to right foot which requred reconstructive surgery. Secondary issues have been confirmed by my surgeon and 2 additional Orthopedic surgeons who have provided support statements explaining the issues. The VA sem to have ignored these support statements by established medical Doctors, they just refer to the C&P exams I had at the VA Hospital. I had my last C&P exal almost 2 yeats ago, it was performed by a Physicians Assistant who upon my meeting him said "I am substituting for your exam for Doctor -------- , I really don't know what to do so it shouldn't take too long" it was a real quick simple exam; first he took my blood pressure three times, the measurements were: 142/84 - 168/86 - 201/109 - Now something is wrong here, these BP measurements are way off incorrect, the PA made no issue of it so we went ahead with the physical exam which consisted of manipulation of both feet, knnees, hips and back; had me walk a short distance then said: "Ok, put your shoes on, we're done". I assumed at the time that this young man might be a Doctor on resident status but the C&Pt reports him as a PA.

I have 2 Doctors appointments scheduled soon and a meeting with VSO, I will present a copy of the C&P performed by the PA; I need to find out if the C&P was or is valid as they denied my claims in accordance to that particular exam. The PA's diagnosis states that all secondary ailments are attributed to the age process. There are discrepancies in the report, and diagnostic comments are contrary to my Orthopedic Surgeon's diagnosis of my primary injury and secondary issues. My primary service connected injury was given a 10% rating 4 years ago. Anybody in the forum know if PA's exams are valid in the process of denial\approval of claims. Your opinions, answers are greatly appreciated.

Jim

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You have to appeal and get some more evidence. I was granted a 0% rating due to a PA's C&P for heart problems. I appealed and got some more tests and bumped it up to 60%. The C&P done by the PA was grossly inadequate, so it was not that hard to defeat. They will be having janitors doing C&P exams soon.