Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Excellent link and info Tbird.

As you all know, in 1983 I started out as a VA volunteer in a PTSD combat group at a vet center.

Vietnam veterans had returned to a very ungrateful nation.Many Nam vets thought the 'world' (Nam talk for the US of A) had gone completely crazy.As well as themselves -from the intense stress of the Vietnam War.

But they dealt with a VA system that was far different than what it is today.

And it was actually better in many respects than what we have now.

Today's OEF OIF veterans with PTSD however often find themselves returning to a nation that fully honors and appreciates their service, but they might well encounter an ungrateful and arbitrary VA system.The recent Suicide lawsuits reflect,in my opinion, a lack of completely inadequate PTSD care for many of these heroic men and women.

The results of the hearing of the VCS lawsuit as it regards OIF OEF vets and PTSD will change my life regardless of the court's decision.

In 2012 I am leaving claims advocacy.I sure will still be here and might even make requests from time to time for veterans to contact their Congressional representatives for input into various VA policy issues ( which will include some general claims issues as well) as I feel I can do more in that regard for veterans.

Everything I know about VA claims is here at hadit anyhow.

The PTSD info in this newsletter is important and I will devour it.The history of PTSD is far beyond what this newsletter touches on, and even though I am a civilian, reading it gave me flashbacks to the day my whole life took a 180-in 1983 when I began to learn from Vietnam combat veterans what PTSD really was all about.

I guess you could say I am returning to my roots -for continued veteran's advocacy.

Vietnam is not supposed to ever go away .... because it was a major "Lessons Learned" situation.

I don't want those lessons learned to ever allude our OEF OIF veterans.

We cannot allow that to happen.

The Gulf War officially ended this week.

But I think the stateside 'war' for many OIF OEF vets with PTSD might have just begun.

Edited by Berta

That was a good magazine. A little history lesson for me. I did not know JFK was the one that start the program of death, as we know how bad we are suffering. The war is still killing both sides!

Hey All,

I'm a Veterans Outreach Coordinator for Bergmann & Moore, and I'm so glad to hear all the positive feedback on the newsletter. We welcome constructive criticism, and we're constantly trying to improve on our content. If you're interested in receiving a free monthly copy of the newsletter via mail, please give me a call at 877-838-2889 and let me know.

Thanks again!

David

Hey All,

I'm a Veterans Outreach Coordinator for Bergmann & Moore, and I'm so glad to hear all the positive feedback on the newsletter. We welcome constructive criticism, and we're constantly trying to improve on our content. If you're interested in receiving a free monthly copy of the newsletter via mail, please give me a call at 877-838-2889 and let me know.

Thanks again!

David

David -

Thank you !