VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

E-Benefits

bm6546

I have read here people saying they saw a letter on e benefits saying whatever .........my question is can someone tell me how to see letters that were/ are generated on e benefits .....also, heard that you can see on ebenefits all the evidence the VA has received to decide the claim....again, any instructions would be appreciated......thanks

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read here people saying they saw a letter on e benefits saying whatever .........my question is can someone tell me how to see letters that were/ are generated on e benefits .....also, heard that you can see on ebenefits all the evidence the VA has received to decide the claim....again, any instructions would be appreciated......thanks

Theres an option to display letters from the VA , all they have of mine is that I was discharged honorably... No info on anything else.

The "letter" refers to a service connection or discharge as you mentioned, commissary privileges for 100% service connected veterans, application for 10-point veteran preference, etc.

I'm not one to rely on the information 100% from Ebenefits or 1-800 however, there are notations of evidence gathered, receipt of a QTC exam (no results are shown) and the regional office handling the claim(s) and for that and that alone it would be worth getting an account set up. Oh, and perhaps having the ability to print off a letter of entitlement for the commissary or, a benefit amount letter if needed for a home loan.

My veteran has a few claims still pending, interestingly enough claims with dates after this last and hopefully final claim are shown as complete, while the older one sits idle. The best way to find out information is a walk to the mailbox.

Many veterans probably call the 1-800 and get a different answer from a different rep most of the time. Ebenefits, although it could be a great tool for the veteran to keep tabs on their claim(s) is not much better than

1-800 which is vague as Ebenefits until the claim is finalized. Just my thought on the topic....the claim is done when it is done and VA would not want to provide inaccurate or misleading information to the vetera via 1-800 or by signing on to the Ebenefits site.

Setting these thoughts aside, it is still worth signing up for an account to obtain instant access to benefit letters or finding out which office has your claim.

VetsLady and, Proud to Be

An Ebenefits account needs to be opened first and from what I understand, veterans can sign up by calling the 1-800 line.

From the Dashboard, navigate to "Access my Documents" .... this is where the letters mentioned are visible (if one is available) ...

From the Dashboard, navigate to "View my Status" and from there a drop down menu opens where you can navigate to Compensation and Pension Claim Status.

Edited by VetsLady

VetsLady and, Proud to Be

I tried the 800# butwas told it would take a trip to the RO in person to sign up which I did 1025 miles away. They had to have two ID's one of which was Veterans Affairs card and my drivers liciens #. All total about 5 minuites time. The lady was nice and insited I file a claim for depression which I did. Hell I didn't knowed it showed that much. Needlessly to say I am not well pleased with Ebenefits.

• 2 weeks later...

"1025 miles away." That was the closest RO?