Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

SP4RVN1971

Question

There Dotor's and other people in the state agency who are trained in disability evaluation. They said because not sufficient to support my condition's were disabling prior to 12/31/00 when my period of coverage ended!

I had to two heart attack's and had diabetes II before 12/31/00, agent Orange was already working on me! If you call it VA or SSD, they are all the same to me :angry:

Wow, but they said they don't care about my claim thru VA or 6 Privite doctor's which said:

1. Prostate cancer ( MD Anderson said there is no cure )

2. diabetesII

3. Coronary artery disease

4. Lymph Node Cancer ( growing)

5. Hypertension and depression ( DON'T PISSES ME OFF)

6. PN ( Can't function as normal person)

Blank thier agency, Time for SS lawyer's

Edited by SP4RVN1971

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I went round and round with SSDI back in 2001 after a Massive Heart Attack that took 50% of my Heart, 5 Stents placed(CAD with Chronic Angina now) and they disapproved me not once but 3 times, I hired

a Lawyer and went in front of ADJ and Won with all back pay, cost me $4000.00 for the Lawyer out of my retro check but was well worth it, please due yourself a favor hire a good Lawyer and let them deal with

it, stay stress free, you don't need the aggravation if you have a Heart condition.

Good Luck,

NJ

Yes, I will stay stress free, already call my SSD lawyer. I'm not in the mood to mess around with goverment agencies. I was lucky an have a good SSD lawyer as a friend :cool:

Government branches all like to take a hand in denials and decreasing one' benefits. Check with your attorney and find out the FACTS and let them do the work and get you what you deserve. Pretty sad when one who has that many severe disabilities has to endure the added stress of fighting them too. Don't be discouraged and impatient. You won your VA claim, and all folks here are backing the same for you on your social security one. May the new year bring you this award and may you enjoy some peace in your life.:rolleyes:

It is good that you got an attorney. They know how to handle this stuff - and increase your chances of winning. The ALJ will be able to take a lot of things into consideration that the Initial Decision and Re-determination did not. They follow POMS. The ALJ has a lot more leeway in applying the law.

Something interesting I read in a blog written by an ALJ is HEREHe says of the cases he has seen about 10% should obviously be paid, about 25% should obviously be denied, and

At least two thirds of the cases I review are quite difficult to decide. Most of these cases can probably be won with skillful representation.

Went to friend the SSDI lawyer, he look at it, and said he does not want to handle it . Told me what to do and I will. The problem was that I did not show enough Quarters or should a say the SS files only show on their computers that I had 19 quarter's. Because their computer are only update to 2010. I have all of 2011 which is 4 quarters. To file for ssd you need 20 quarters of work or pay in to SS for a ten years period. So if you win the lottery, always pay SS every year. So if you get sick you can collect what belong to you. Even if I pay from 1968 to 1995 all quarters are lost to file for SSD. Lucky i started paying again in 2006 thru 2011.