Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

SP4RVN1971

Question

There Dotor's and other people in the state agency who are trained in disability evaluation. They said because not sufficient to support my condition's were disabling prior to 12/31/00 when my period of coverage ended!

I had to two heart attack's and had diabetes II before 12/31/00, agent Orange was already working on me! If you call it VA or SSD, they are all the same to me :angry:

Wow, but they said they don't care about my claim thru VA or 6 Privite doctor's which said:

1. Prostate cancer ( MD Anderson said there is no cure )

2. diabetesII

3. Coronary artery disease

4. Lymph Node Cancer ( growing)

5. Hypertension and depression ( DON'T PISSES ME OFF)

6. PN ( Can't function as normal person)

Blank thier agency, Time for SS lawyer's

Edited by SP4RVN1971

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Guest terrysturgis

It seems as though someone with a rating of 260% from the VA should be a slam dunk for SSD. I realize that the VA and SS are are seperate agencies. Diffrent rules. My experience is that if you do not hire an attorney and pay some $5,000.00 ransom your SSD claim is almost always denied. SOP

Hire a good SS laywer. Good luck. Terry

Oh, I dunno, I carry somewhat less than a rating of 260% from the VA and I was awarded SSDI on the first application with no problems.

It seems as though someone with a rating of 260% from the VA should be a slam dunk for SSD. I realize that the VA and SS are are seperate agencies. Diffrent rules. My experience is that if you do not hire an attorney and pay some $5,000.00 ransom your SSD claim is almost always denied. SOP

Hire a good SS laywer. Good luck. Terry

• HadIt.com Elder

I see your problem. You last worked and paid into the SSDI system back in 1995. Tho you are 260% thru VA, those are current ratings. You'll need to prove you qualified back between 1995 - 2000, when your SSDI eligibility was in effect. Just let the lawyer run w/it. They know how to win. jmo

pr

Philip, To here that from you, makes me feel better, Thanks for your input!!!:rolleyes:

The letter said i had 60 day to get back to them and they said they had used 5 of them days to get to me! That suck!

• HadIt.com Elder

PR is correct. He usually is by the way. Many stop valid claims cause someone tells them that they don't qualify.