VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Peggy Says: "adequate For Rating"?

Rate this question

kubrickbrawlik

Question

I had submitted my claim for PTSD, and about 5 other physical issues in October of 2008. I was in Iraq during OIF III. I got denied (no C and P)in 2009 while inpatient at the Montrose VA PTSD unit, of course I hired a lawyer and appealed I finally had a C & P for PTSD October 9, 2011. Peggy said they recieved the C and P exam October 24th, and also said that on November 28th my file says "adequate for rating". Unsure what that exactly means. I've had a lawyer since the original denial, not to mention contacting 2 congressmen, and a senator, all of which seemed useless. I'm just curious if this is going to a ratings board, or doesn't really mean anything. Welcome home everyone, and good luck.

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hang in there, kubrickbrawlik.

The Process is frustrating (and infuriating) but the reward is worth it. :smile:

Berta-

I guess they based the denial on my military file (a little while after we got back I started getting into trouble), I did seek help, but at Ft. Sill at the time there were no councilors, they would just throw pills at you and tell you to go away. I also saw the Psychiatrist at the Bronx VA who must have had some personal issue with me. I was still drinking heavily when I started seeing her, I was honest to her about it. She stated I didn't have PTSD I had a drinking problem. The denial came when I was in my 3rd or 4th month inpatient PTSD at Montrose, NY VA. At that point I was diagnosed by a psychologist with PTSD, I doubt they even looked at those records. I had the DAV handle my claim at first and they handed in NOTHING. It was my first step in this process, I didn't know any better. It's more than frustrating, I've had to resort to doing some petty, dirty things to keep myself afloat. Things that are out of character for me. I'm pretty scared. My next decision is sell my car, or live out of it. I really don't know what I'll do if I get another denial. Somethings got to give here. I'm not being frivolous. I'm not even trying to get SSD. Most of my previous relationships are damaged, or beyond repair. My family doesn't understand the way I am. I thought things were going to be easier in comparison to what I faced in the desert, now I find myself wishing I was back there. At least I didn't feel this alone. I don't mean to sound so negative. I have an amazing girlfriend that's sticking by me and trying to understand. But shes a student and isn't in a position to put me up until this blows over, and the VA dom's that I've seen are rampant with scum trying to get over. I mean the last VA i stayed at there was a hooker murdered not 200 yards from my building. I appreciate you guys responding. Thank you all.

Okay just got my C and P exam from my lawyer, it couldn't be more supportive. A 45 GAF score, a direct connection between my service in Iraq and my PTSD. States that I am financially responsible to handle my own finances. This is the 2nd VA psychologist to give me a 45 GAF, and admit that my PTSD is service connected. So, now I'm just waiting on the DRO, wish I knew that a congressional inquiry would move my claim to the back of the line (is that accurate?). This is not just about monetary rewards, this is about financial survival. This is either being on the street or having a roof over my head. I cannot wait to go back to school. I am so motivated to be a vet rep and try to guide guys coming home away from the pitfalls and minefields that are the VA benefits path. But I am hopeful for the future, scared as xxxx about the present.

This is the 2nd VA psychologist to give me a 45 GAF, and admit that my PTSD is service connected.

Only the VBA decision makers can adjudicate if it is service connected (SC) or not.

The doc just provides an opinion on if the condition is / could be related to active duty.

Everything is looking good to go for you.

Now, you just have to wait it out.

Well it's at the DRO right now, I made the mistake of getting a congressman involved a few weeks ago. I didn't know that prolonged the appeal process time. I hope it doesn't have to go back to the VBA. I am listed as homeless, I have been for over 2 years on their records. I'm just hoping for an expedient resolution. I know whenever it kicks in I'll be alright, but my net worth is about fifty bucks, I really don't want to sell my car. I know the day after I do, the appeal will probably be approved. Thanks alot for the support and responses, Carlie.