VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Peggy Says: "adequate For Rating"?

Rate this question

kubrickbrawlik

Question

I had submitted my claim for PTSD, and about 5 other physical issues in October of 2008. I was in Iraq during OIF III. I got denied (no C and P)in 2009 while inpatient at the Montrose VA PTSD unit, of course I hired a lawyer and appealed I finally had a C & P for PTSD October 9, 2011. Peggy said they recieved the C and P exam October 24th, and also said that on November 28th my file says "adequate for rating". Unsure what that exactly means. I've had a lawyer since the original denial, not to mention contacting 2 congressmen, and a senator, all of which seemed useless. I'm just curious if this is going to a ratings board, or doesn't really mean anything. Welcome home everyone, and good luck.

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Welcome,

It means they have done the development needed and will continue working towards

adjudicating a decision.

Hopefully you will have some resolve within 3-6 months, but there really is no set timeframe.

At this point I would submit absolutely NOTHING else at this time, unless requested to do so

and I would not contact a congress critter again, for now.

This is the time to sit back and let your claim issues continue working their way through the process.

JMHO

Now my lawyer wants me to send in some employment history to the VA, I've worked two menial jobs since '07, and both times I almost got violent and got fired. I keep thinking that he is prolonging the claim just to make his 20% of his cut bigger. I really didn't know a whole lot until I started trolling on here. I wonder if this guy is the reason my claim has been laying in the cracks for the last 2 some odd years. And no, no more congressmen worms. If i had a big enough yellow ribbon I'd string them all up. Thanks Carlie. Sorry about my frustration, on New Years Day I'll be homeless for the third time since I got out. I got my phone turned off for Christmas. I bet the DRO and my lawyer both had a great holiday.

Yes they had a great HOLIDAY. Try to take your time! I know it can be rough out there, but you can do it. Everytime i get in a hurry i lose money to some one else. I hope the best for you, YOU keep trying! That's what my Doctor's at MD Anderson tell me!!! Keep trying :ph34r:

Kubrickbrawik- did your lawyer advise you to fill out and send the VARO a formal TDIU form?

What specifically did the VA base their denial on?

Evandc- there is a commercial on TV where a man is a telephone operator who answers service calls and says his name is "Peggy" and passes on the caller to someone else who doesn't know anything.

Same run-a-round we get from VA 800#.