VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Va Gave Gulf War Vet Another 5 Yrs

Rate this question

usmc89

Question

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

THANKS for the link- this is good news!

This is good news! Thanks for posting the link.

Now, if they would just make it P&T and quit futzing with the date we won't have to go through this again in five years.

But maybe by then the VA will actually recognize all the current research, educate ALL their docs about GWI (not to mention VBA and their claims raters) and maybe, just maybe they will start treating gulf war vet's like real patients and not a bunch of lunatics. It's all about the education and the VA is doing a poor job of it.

This is a good start though. There is a lot of GWI research that is going to come to a head in the coming year. My one and only New Year's resolution is to start a campaign to get the VA to pay attention to the government sponsored research and get that information to the doctors that are treating the gulf war vets. Millions of dollars are being spent on research yet the doctors who have hands on the patients don't have a friggin' clue about what is going on with GWI. I would call that dereliction of duty. Or ignorance. Either way, those of us with GWI aren't getting the proper medical care and that needs to change. I'm curious what will happen with the pilot Gulf War Clinic trial at the Salt Lake (?) VA.

Ok.....I'm done preaching to the choir.

Happy New Year everyone!

You can read the actual text of the Interim Final Rule and submit comments for the next 30 days (from date of publication) here:

AO09 - Interim Final Rule - Compensation for Certain Disabilities Due to Undiagnosed and Medically Unexplained Chronic Multi-Symptom Illnesses