VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lower Back Disability C&p Examination

Rate this question

orlando107

Question

I have an examination date for Jan 23, 2012. I am 20% for my Lower back. I recently received an MRI showing that my problem has gotten worse from my last MRI dated December 5, 2007. I know they base their decision on ROM. I should not exceed a foward movement of 30 degrees or more, otherwise, I would stay at 20%.

My question is,What other movement, positions, etc, would they have me do in order to make their determination?

Your cooperation in helping me with this question is greatly appreciated.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

They consider the amount of bedrest you have had to do in back claims. The Exam is about ROM. If it hurts don't bend that way. Let the doctor know the instant you have pain on exam. I say this because vets get injured during exams sometimes.

The Va has worksheets that kind of shows what they are and in the Reg's it shows pictures. Try researching these. I tried to provide a link to it but it did not seem to want to work. DO NOT do the John Wayne thing during ROM. When it hurts. STOP..

http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Benefits/exams/index.htm

Here ya go. It was at the top of the C&P page.

Edited by oldranger821

I have an examination date for Jan 23, 2012. I am 20% for my Lower back. I recently received an MRI showing that my problem has gotten worse from my last MRI dated December 5, 2007. I know they base their decision on ROM. I should not exceed a foward movement of 30 degrees or more, otherwise, I would stay at 20%.

My question is,What other movement, positions, etc, would they have me do in order to make their determination?

Your cooperation in helping me with this question is greatly appreciated.

with the back, they rate you either on range of motion or doctor ordered bed rest. and the bed rest orders must be in your record.