Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mystic W/ Ptsd, From Rape,coerced Abortion, Hurt Back,fibro...more

Rate this question

mysticcherokee usn vet

Question

Hi, Im bewildered by all of this. I feel brain damaged with the ptsd, how do yall remember all of this stuff. I really dont know what Ill do, if they turn me down again. Its been a tough row to hoe, no sht. Im lucky to be alive, because Ive tried the other way, not my time I guess.

Will a congressional oversight help or hurt more.

• Answers 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

before

Shortly after my DRO hearing, my VSO bailed on me too. He never dealt with MST before and I think he was just very uncomfortable with the whole issue, along with not being knowledgable or up-to-date with legislation concerning MST. He said although the VA allows liberal evidence in MST cases, I didn't have any official report of the assault. I was very hurt by his rejection at first, but then realized he didn't help me much at all in the first place. Carlie gave me the resource that details the responsibilities of a VSO and why one can withdraw from your case. Frankly, I feel better off without him and believe the truth will prevail.

LP56 , I didnt realize he had "bailed" so to speak. He was the only one in the Office, and I understand they had someone leave not that long ago. He spoke of being VERY VERY busy. He was frustrated at not having enough help.He seemed rather embarrassed that he had to stop and answer the door when a few people dropped in. I didnt mind, really. If Ive got anything, its time. He seems like a very organized person, and with the scenario Ive described, I imagine he'splenty frustrated. Maybe he foresaw not being able to devote the time my case would entail. Id like to think that it had nothing to do with the claim or me. Weve been fine all along.

I'm getting mixed messages about the VSO's. If overhead isnt being met it'll affect everyone. The VA knows this. NO DOUBT! So, since Im convinced that I've got God on my side, I'll just consider that things happen for a reason, and hope this is a "GOOD THING." Im at hotmail.com if you need to reach me, talk privately, I dont think my PM is working right. Im a good person, in need of a friend, no matter WHAT the VA has tried to convince me of or succeeded in convincing me of. I can have a good ear. My problem is I try to hard to fix things when its brought up. If I do that just tell me to stop it, and we'll be good to go.

Im very lonely and am housebound. So, I could use a friend. Dont know bout you. Sorry bout the wait, with me getting back to your post. Ive been rather grumpy and didnt want to be so, when I talked with you. It sounds like youve gotten some stellar advice here, and are headed in a good direction. Thats mighty fine I bet, and I hope Ill be nipping at your heels progress wise before long. Thanks for reading my posts and whatsmore ANSWERING THEM. Thats always helpful!

Carlie has been super that way too. She'll be the next "Susan" and watch out for that one, shes sharp, smart! Good/great way! Sincerely, Mystic

Edited by mysticcherokee usn vet

Thanks #1. Ill have to set up a yahoo account to get over there, but that shouldnt be too hard. Just have to make myself DO IT!

I thought PTSD was the friggin nightmares, and the MEMORIES (as opposed to amnesia) of awful stuff. 6 of 1 hald f dozen of the other. Not remebering what it was like to FEEL. Particularly "Happiness", for more than a few minutes, or being numb.Anger so closew to the surface ALWAYS its ready to boli over.Wondering wtf are we here on earth for. I forget my prime directive unless its misery, check! Got IT! Lot of other crapola.

Thanks again Dude! Mystic

One year - I woke up - so to speak - and it was winter.

Aye. I woke up ....one year and it was twilite. When this one thing is done, Ill live my intended life again.The REAL one I was supposed to have, but ITS TWILIGHT IN THIS LIFE. WHERE DID ALL THE TIME GO. Twilight of life. Aye, winter, soooooo cold. Mystic (yer sister -friend at arms)

mystic & lp,

You both might be interested in contacting a site I belong to.

You can get to it thru yahoo groups.

It's pretty much just mst.

It's Susan Smiths web site - vetwow3

You can google Susan Smith MST and find her info

Here's an info link - http://vetwow.com/

Here's how to join.

If you would like to apply directly go to Groups at Yahoo and request an invitation to either vetwow3-

subscribe@yahoogroups.com or

We are here to help guide you through the system to obtain medical and mental health care, and possibly financial compensation for either being sexually harassed, assaulted or raped while on active duty.

You are entitled to benefits without being service connected, having evidence (i.e. telling anyone) or "proving Military Sexual Trauma."

If you are having nightmares, problems sleeping, not happy about your life, cannot work, cannot go to school, or find that you cannot really even take care of yourself the way you used to, we can help.

Service are provided by other veterans and are confidential on the other sites. NOT this one.

We look forward to hearing from you soon."

Thanks for the suggestion Carlie. I will definitely check Susan's vetwow web site out. I know she is a fierce advocate for victims of MST, which I certainly admire and appreciate.

When I get notice that they will open my claim back up, whats next as far as my duty to assist:

At that time can I send my OTHER drs. letter in, and my smr's, taht I feel are relevant. Tho they havem they obviously haven READ THEN GOSH DARNIT!, so the set hav is more condensed.I took out the common cold, etc, so that just pertinent stuff is in there.

Thoughts, opinions? I tried to access Susans site, but havent had any luck. I really want to go there too, and join. She and I could be kindred spirits for all I read thats similar to my experience, in her Bio. STRONG ADMIRABLE WOMAN! Mystic