Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mystic W/ Ptsd, From Rape,coerced Abortion, Hurt Back,fibro...more

Rate this question

mysticcherokee usn vet

Question

Hi, Im bewildered by all of this. I feel brain damaged with the ptsd, how do yall remember all of this stuff. I really dont know what Ill do, if they turn me down again. Its been a tough row to hoe, no sht. Im lucky to be alive, because Ive tried the other way, not my time I guess.

Will a congressional oversight help or hurt more.

• Answers 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I dont think I introduced myself. My name is Sandy, and I was a photographer (was gonna be) in the Navy. Im 50ish and afraid Ill die before this claim is approved, but i NEED this to be at peace. I was in two years. Im not gonna get into particulars. I was broken in spirt and body by the time I got out. I worked till 1992, and couldnt take it anymore. My health mental/emotional. I served in 79 and 80. no war, but it felt like war. I really didnt want to leave, part of me anyway. They were forcing me out after the physical injuries, and I was scared to stay in.Not an option anyways.The emtional came first. Then the other stuff. Iwas healthy as a horse going in with stars in my eyes. wanted to transfer over and be an Officer. Didn't happen. Then I wanted College and a career too. When I got hurt they put me on strong drugs, and Ive been tired ever since, the injury. My career was a joke. I had to do jobs that entailed physical labor, to make enuff for rent. My body couldnt take it. I was able to have a baby later. Hes 23 now.Ill never be able to have grandchildren though. God is punishing me, is my take on it.

First I claimed my back. Denied. then depression, Denied. Then cervicl starin, denied. Then all of this, plus ptsd, and denied. Finally Sexual assault that made on baby go missing by order of my C.O. Id wanted to adopt out, and he wouldnt even consider it, didnt get that far in the second talk with him, DISMISSED! Whats a Recruit to do?! It took me 20 years to talk to them about the rape/abortion. Didnt want to talk or tell.Denied, no record of either. yes there IS! Im fixin to try again. I need to talk about some of this. I wish somebody here would talk to me.I'll be nice if you will. Sincerely, Mystic

Hi Brother and Sisters. I got the answer to my last query by reading some other rplys that happended to be current. helpful, much!

This is mu current query: When I met with my VSO, second meeting face to face, ever the other day. He gave me back all of his copies of

my smr's and misc. He/we sent in about 45 sheets of paper (1 was a drs nexxus on me, another a drs statement

saying it more likely than not....) with a request to open my claim up for appeal. I got a decsion

unfavorable in 2002, and was so devastated I couldnt file again for ten years, needless to say my one year to

appeal ran out.It appeared (ONCE AGAIN!) as if they hadnt even bothered to read my SMR's, and they rejected

the nexxus from my therapist who was an M.A., L.C.S.W. at the local vet ctr, and treated me for 5 years.The va was saying hewasnt qualified to make this ptsd decision, linking it to my inservice experience.

My current vso told me the other day, "we'll send this in and see what happens." I just want to tell you that you have a great claim here. If they turn you down, find an Attorney. I'm telling you, dont let this thing lapse again. Because I see C.U.E.S. all the way back to your first denial. So If you are denied get and attorney is my advice."

My question is, why would he bail on me like that. weve only had TWO! meetings. Is there a method to his/my madnress. A REASON why he should say this as opposed to "we havem on the ropes and WE are gonna win this, TOGETHER?"We get along fine, and there have been no issues. I've heard other claimants say thir VSO went to hearings with them. I dont get it. Sniff. Mystic

before

Shortly after my DRO hearing, my VSO bailed on me too. He never dealt with MST before and I think he was just very uncomfortable with the whole issue, along with not being knowledgable or up-to-date with legislation concerning MST. He said although the VA allows liberal evidence in MST cases, I didn't have any official report of the assault. I was very hurt by his rejection at first, but then realized he didn't help me much at all in the first place. Carlie gave me the resource that details the responsibilities of a VSO and why one can withdraw from your case. Frankly, I feel better off without him and believe the truth will prevail.

mystic & lp,

You both might be interested in contacting a site I belong to.

You can get to it thru yahoo groups.

It's pretty much just mst.

It's Susan Smiths web site - vetwow3

You can google Susan Smith MST and find her info

Here's an info link - http://vetwow.com/

Here's how to join.

If you would like to apply directly go to Groups at Yahoo and request an invitation to either vetwow3-

subscribe@yahoogroups.com or

We are here to help guide you through the system to obtain medical and mental health care, and possibly financial compensation for either being sexually harassed, assaulted or raped while on active duty.

You are entitled to benefits without being service connected, having evidence (i.e. telling anyone) or "proving Military Sexual Trauma."

If you are having nightmares, problems sleeping, not happy about your life, cannot work, cannot go to school, or find that you cannot really even take care of yourself the way you used to, we can help.

Service are provided by other veterans and are confidential on the other sites. NOT this one.

We look forward to hearing from you soon."

Susan has an absolutely stellar background. I could NEVER do stuff like that. I remind myself more of Laura, whom she taught.Yes. I read that short biographical on her and was very much impressed. To make such a difference with so many people, THAT would make one feel a little better about all this. She'd never be interested in moi. Im gonna do it tho! Carlie, you are truly a treasure to any forum. Ive been reading your responses to many. Youre very paragmatic, yet utterly understanding, and thats sayin somthing! For people who just need a little, it seems you give a lot of yourself. Admirable, very much so. Sincerely, Mystic

L56, Hope to see you there, when I get there. Im a slow poke sometimes.Id give an eyetooth just to get someone to help me clean my house, and Im completely serious! ITS SO FRUSTRATING! I used toi be a neat nick! I used to be many things Im not now, sigh....