Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Report Received, Need Opinions

Rate this question

Devildog3043

Question

I just received a copy of my C&P exam for Mental Disorder and I asking some opinions of what rating will be used. I have checked the rating schedule and alot of things fall under 2 categories but not sure. Here is a transcription of the report:

Axis I- Social Phobia/ Major Depressive Disorder (2 diagnosis)

Axis III-1. The patient reported having obstructive sleep apnea. 2. High Blood pressure.

Axis IV-Psychosocial and Environmental Problems: Military service including Recruiting Duty

Axis V- Current GAF: 49

DIFFERENTIATION OF SYMPTOMS

A. Does the veteran have more than one mental disorder? Yes

B. Is it possible to differentiate what symptoms are attributable to each diagnosis? Yes

Regarding to the list of rateable symptoms in section II on this exam, depressed mood, chronic sleep impairment, disturbances of motivation and mood, and suicidal ideation are more strongly associated with major depressive disorder. Anxiety, panic attacks, and difficulty establishing and maintaining work and social relationships are more strongly associated with social phobia. He also has impaired concentration which is associated with both conditions.

OCCUPATIONAL AND SOCIAL IMPAIRMENT

Occupational and social impairment with reduced reliability and productivity

SYMPTOMS FOR RATING PURPOSES

Depressed mood, Anxiety, Panic attacks more than once a week, chronic sleep impairment, Disturbances in motivation and mood, Difficulty in establishing and maintaining work and social relationships, Suicidal ideations, Impaired concentration.

COMPETENCY

Is the veteran capable of managing his or her own financial affairs? Yes

This is the majority of the report without the history portion. From what I see, it can fall into the 50%-70& range but I could be wrong. What do you think?

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I was encouraged by my VA therapist to apply for VA disability (major depressive disorder and PTSD). I have been out of the service for 20 years and currently receive SSD. I have a C&P next week. My questions are What can I expect ????

Welcome,

Please repost the above starting it as a new topic under the forum it relates to.

Thanks

Sorry I've been away awhile, 14 hr days are killing me slowly. Devildog, those are standard to mention, & I'd still stick with those evaluations.

Veldrina,

You might know what "Special Ops" is. I am part of the group waiting over 2 years for my initial claim to be processed. The other day, I was speaking to my American Legion representative and when he pulled me up on the computer (Houston VARO btw), he said that it showed that my file had been moved to Special Ops on October 29th. Any idea what this means? I'm assuming the VA has a task force or something to draw down the older claims, but not 100% certain.

Any input would be deeply appreciated. Thanks again.

Mark

Veldrina,

You might know what "Special Ops" is. I am part of the group waiting over 2 years for my initial claim to be processed. The other day, I was speaking to my American Legion representative and when he pulled me up on the computer (Houston VARO btw), he said that it showed that my file had been moved to Special Ops on October 29th. Any idea what this means? I'm assuming the VA has a task force or something to draw down the older claims, but not 100% certain.

Any input would be deeply appreciated. Thanks again.

Mark

Mark,

Veldrina has been taking some much needed down time.

tr8 - already answered your question in another thread you posted

with the same question.

Hey all! Well, hurricane Sandy was an adventure, haven't been able to get back to work in over 2.5 wks....hoping that partial train service will b restored so i can attempt it Wed.

Sorry I've been out, we've had major changes in the VA, as I see Carlie explained to u...thx Carlie!

Congress has been driving our Secretaries nuts, so CO developed a more streamlined approach to claims (yay, yet ANOTHER change we need to get used to & more moving around!) Anyway, we are now divided into 3 lanes, Express (which I'm on) which handles 1-2 issue claims (except for DMII) and FDC claims (regardless of how many issues; Special Ops, which handles cases that need specialized knowledge, such as SMC, MST, ALS, etc; & Core Teams, which handle everything else.

Will this work? Hopefully. if nothing else, those of us on the Express Team are charged with not only working the simple claims as quickly as possible so we can get them out of the way & push production ahead, but with training/reviewing all the new RVSRs who just got let out of training & are doing ratings on the team in order to become full-fledged raters. The more raters we have the better. Spec. Ops will give the much needed, undivided attention to the special cases, & Core Team will carry on as usual, minus all the simple cases & the specialized cases, so that they too can push fwd the older cases & help the backlog alleviate.

I don;t mean to step on Carlie's toes if she answered this already, but I'm just giving u my point of view being a rater of what it's like. Hopefully they fixed the power problem & the office wont be an icebox when i go in.