• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dependecy Claims

Rate this topic

usmc89

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dependecy claim is just like any other claim,and it depent on the workload in your regional office and yes it will be retro back to the original date of claim.(if you had depentents when you first filed claim)

Mine took about 2 months , start to finish. Filed out the paperwork and sent copies the Divorce decrees and marriage licenses. They said they have not made a decision on the it but will hoild it till my claim get to 30%. I am at 10 now and hope to be around 60 % if and When they award my claim.

• 2 weeks later...

Even though I had included my dependency information to include the supporting doc umentation, when I made my initial claim; upon receiving my rating I was paid sans dependent rate. So resubmitted my information online the same day I received my rating and the matter closed in 33 days. I didn't have to send in birth certificates or marriage license again.

Make sure you keep copies of every piece of paper you sent them cause you'll more likely than not have to resubmit them when you reach 30%. You will learn soon enough not to believe a word they say. Unfortunate, but very true.

Coot

Mine took about 2 months , start to finish. Filed out the paperwork and sent copies the Divorce decrees and marriage licenses. They said they have not made a decision on the it but will hoild it till my claim get to 30%. I am at 10 now and hope to be around 60 % if and When they award my claim.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use