• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success !

Rate this topic

SANDMAN

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for all the replies . I was refered to my advocate , thru my Attorney Ken Carpenter ( PTSD GURU ).

My advocate claims an initial approval rate of 80 %.I would not disagree with him ( HA HA ) . He told me , the number one thing to do is collect all the info yourself ( medical records ) and submit with a brief at initial application . Try to cover all your bases to start with , leave nothing to there interpretation (sp) . Basically don't fill it out and hope they aquire everything for you . When i first saw him after sending in my release of info and contract back to him ( 2 weeks later ) , he already had my claim in a folder approx 4 inches thick ready for my signature .He then hand carried to the office and had them sign for it . Examiner called him and said i can't see one reason to try and deny this . He said the brief is important because you are directing them to the pertinent information ( ie: page number , paragraph and highlited areas ). Do everything you can to make there job easier . If not they can pull a VA job and top sheet read only ( the brief is very important ) .

Take the time for the initial application process, if not you'll be in for along wait for a hearing .If anybody has any questions , fire away .

Sgt Sandman

p.s Residual function capacity forms , another important facet .

there are two sets :

physical :

paq.com/pdf/SSA-4734BK.pdf

mental :

ssaconnect.com/tfiles/SSA-4734-F4-SUP.pdf

Hope this helps .

Edited by SANDMAN

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use