VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tricare For Life Fees

teejay53

Question

i called tricare today with a question abt medicare and was told in the new budget that they are trying to pass there will be monthly fees added on to tricare for life.

that is all the rep would tell me. thought this might be of interest.

have a great day.

teejay

mellow.png

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yeah, sucks, don't it?

Here is a link to a Q&A page. http://www.moaa.org/....html#Questions .

The proposed numbers are in the attachments. Note: the numbers appear to be for a couple rather than individually.

i called tricare today with a question abt medicare and was told in the new budget that they are trying to pass there will be monthly fees added on to tricare for life.

that is all the rep would tell me. thought this might be of interest.

have a great day.

teejay

mellow.png

030212Update.pdf

030212Update2.pdf

What budget.. There has been no budget for three years. I just received my quarterly tricare prime bill and nothing about this is even mentioned, although I have read about it on other sites... From what I understand, if it does happen the fees will be based on the retired rank....

Good morning to all;

It would be nice to have a basic idea of the fees for a widow of a retiree from the services to sorta work into ones budget before it passes.

Something else to scratch your head over and worry about.

A budget will only stretch so far. But I guess the folks passing these things really do not have to worry about that.

Wishing all a great day.

teejay

mellow.png

Please go to the second response in this thread. The two attached PDF files there are the current proposals. Remember that, these are proposals and subject to some changes.

The first document (030212Update) is for pay grades W4 and O5 and above. The second document (030212Update2) is for pay grades E7 and O4. Myself, I am presuming that document #2 means everybody retired BELOW pay grades E7 and O4. While these documents appear to have some missing pay grades, I believe they give some ballpark figures.

The proposed amounts are for the retired military member and spouse, so the proposed for a widow/widower would be half. Please note that there are proposals for UNDER ages 65, and proposals for over age 65, that is, Tricare For Life.

If these proposed amounts concern you, you need to contact your Congress critters and tell them. Military organizations, such as the MOAA (Military Officers Association of America) and the NCOA ( Non-Commissioned Officer Association of America), are asking you to contact Congress as well.

Remember, these are still proposals.

Good morning to all;

It would be nice to have a basic idea of the fees for a widow of a retiree from the services to sorta work into ones budget before it passes.

Something else to scratch your head over and worry about.

A budget will only stretch so far. But I guess the folks passing these things really do not have to worry about that.

Wishing all a great day.

teejay

mellow.png

Please go to the second response in this thread. The two attached PDF files there are the current proposals. Remember that, these are proposals and subject to some changes.

The first document (030212Update) is for pay grades W4 and O5 and above. The second document (030212Update2) is for pay grades E7 and O4. Myself, I am presuming that document #2 means everybody retired BELOW pay grades E7 and O4. While these documents appear to have some missing pay grades, I believe they give some ballpark figures.

The proposed amounts are for the retired military member and spouse, so the proposed for a widow/widower would be half. Please note that there are proposals for UNDER ages 65, and proposals for over age 65, that is, Tricare For Life.

If these proposed amounts concern you, you need to contact your Congress critters and tell them. Military organizations, such as the MOAA (Military Officers Association of America) and the NCOA ( Non-Commissioned Officer Association of America), are asking you to contact Congress as well.

Remember, these are still proposals.

The way I read these charts is that one pertains to an E7's thru and 04's the same chart also list a current enrollement fee of $520 with a proposed fee to $720... this is misleading since right now no one pays an enrollement fee. Also I couldn't help but notice they really want to screw the people on SS. Those on social security are already paying twice what those who are not on ss pay. Under the proposal it seems thay want to almost double what those on SS now pay.. The other chart see to concern those in grades W4 thru 05. This leads me to think that those with retired grades e-6 and under may not have to pay any new enrollement fees.. Guess we will just have to wait and see.