Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Relocating Overseas

Rate this question

hazegrayunderway

Question

Hello all,

I am relocating to the Philippines next month and would like to get information about how to go about transferring my claim file from my current location to the VA Regional Office in Manila, Philippines. I have several claims that are currently pending decision and would like info on how to xfer my claim file. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Hello all,

I am relocating to the Philippines next month and would like to get information about how to go about transferring my claim file from my current location to the VA Regional Office in Manila, Philippines. I have several claims that are currently pending decision and would like info on how to xfer my claim file. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You must request in writing that the file be transfered to the Manila office, otherwise the claim will remain with the current office and a decision will be made. If you have already completed all C/P exams leaving in it place at least until after a rating might be a good idea so as not to slow the process down. Other wise if you need more c/p exams it will have to be transfered, because you may find your self scheduled for exams in the states and having to fly back to complete them....

• HadIt.com Elder

I would stay put until I get my ratings if possible. When you move in the middle of the rating process you will probably go to the back of the line for sure. It seems to me that it adds another layer of complications to a claim. If you need the money from the VA I would stay put until I had the money hitting the bank. You may end up in appeals anyway but at least you initial claims will be done in one place. Of course, you run the risk of the VA losing your file when they move it. It is on paper. Do you have a complete copy of your C-File?

John