Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Regional Office Phone #'s

Rate this question

sox

Question

Hiya,

I have had a terrible time using the 1800-827-1000 phone number. It seems that these guys really don't know much about your claim at the local regional office. I was wondering if anyone has ever been able to get contact info or phone #s for their regional office? Did you have to pry to get the info or file a fredom of information act request?

many thanks :)

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I find myself to differ with y'all on the 800 number. These guy's on the other end don't for the most part, have no reason to lie to us. Now that I said that, the lack of care ,lazy, and knowledge might be there.

I found if did not get the answer I like, I would call back, get another peggy that might care, or want to help. I started my claim in April 2010 and by March of 2011 for PC, DMII and they VA added IHD, PN

for both sides, I had the bulk of claim's complete. I refiled for P&T in May of 2011 and got my claim by January 2012, 7 months plus the increase of some of the other claim's. Point is I called VA 800 number

from Dallas and talk to Peggies all over USA. Some were not so good and some were great. I call every two to three weeks to let them know I was there! You have to be patience and your phone said " the

waiting time will be 15 minute, maybe".

So it work for me!smile.png

It worked for you really???? you said you called and called and called, you said sometimes you got some who were good and some not so good.... you said you called back if you didn't get the answer you liked... I don't call that working, I call that a broken system.

The system was not put in place so that a veteran might feel the need to call over and over to get different answers, it was put in place so a veteran could call once and get the proper answer. By the way, How would you really know if you got the wrong answer the first time you called ? You wouldn't know , so why would you call again? I suspect someone would call again because you either didn't like the person who took the first call, or you didn't like the answer you got the first time.. but in reality ( unless you already knew the answer to the quetion before you called) you would not know if the answer you got was correct. By the way letting them know you are there doesn't help any claim move along, it just means you became a royal pain in their eyes.

In your case you stated the system moved along for you very well.. since your initial claim was decided in 11 months and the second claim was decided in 7 months. I had a claim that took over a year just to get a C/P exam. Other veteans wait longer, Your results based on the present backlog were extremly quick, so I wonder why you would be calling the va anyway.....

The only thing you said that I can agree with is that the guys on the other end have no reason to lie to us.... However, when their job is only to answer the phone and read to you what is on a computer screen, there is no reason to lie. Aside from some being rude, or just not being able to answer simple questions... the person your talking to doesn't have anything to do with the information in the screen.. so if someone in Boston for example put bad info into the computer, or for that mater didn't update the computer the old saying garbage in garbage out will always apply.

By the way if my memory serves me correct there is only one call centers handling the US.. its in Phoenix ( unless more have been added) http://www.vba.va.go...ix/NCC_Main.htm so maybe your not really talking to people all over the united states...

Anyway I just spent two more cents.....LOl

Edited by Teac

It worked for you really???? you said you called and called and called, you said sometimes you got some who were good and some not so good.... you said you called back if you didn't get the answer you liked... I don't call that working, I call that a broken system.

The system was not put in place so that a veteran might feel the need to call over and over to get different answers, it was put in place so a veteran could call once and get the proper answer. By the way, How would you really know if you got the wrong answer the first time you called ? You wouldn't know , so why would you call again? I suspect someone would call again because you either didn't like the person who took the first call, or you didn't like the answer you got the first time.. but in reality ( unless you already knew the answer to the quetion before you called) you would not know if the answer you got was correct. By the way letting them know you are there doesn't help any claim move along, it just means you became a royal pain in their eyes.

In your case you stated the system moved along for you very well.. since your initial claim was decided in 11 months and the second claim was decided in 7 months. I had a claim that took over a year just to get a C/P exam. Other veteans wait longer, Your results based on the present backlog were extremly quick, so I wonder why you would be calling the va anyway.....

The only thing you said that I can agree with is that the guys on the other end have no reason to lie to us.... However, when their job is only to answer the phone and read to you what is on a computer screen, there is no reason to lie. Aside from some being rude, or just not being able to answer simple questions... the person your talking to doesn't have anything to do with the information in the screen.. so if someone in Boston for example put bad info into the computer, or for that mater didn't update the computer the old saying garbage in garbage out will always apply.

By the way if my memory serves me correct there is only one call centers handling the US.. its in Phoenix ( unless more have been added) http://www.vba.va.go...ix/NCC_Main.htm so maybe your not really talking to people all over the united states...

Anyway I just spent two more cents.....LOl

Teac, I never said it was prefect, and yes it is Broken, but the hole country is broken.

I have differ you about call center, yes phoenix might be primary, but I talk to people in Waco,Texas and maybe they were rater's.

I know that a lot or most Vet's have a long waiting time, and I was very bless, and maybe VA look at case Difference, and hope I was a pain in the eye!

I'm sorry, if I offend or upset you in any way or anybody at this site. We all have right to our opinion.

Good luck and I hope the Best for You, God Bless!

Edited by SP4RVN1971

Sorry for making such a sh** storm for everyone regarding the 800 # I do think it is a little strange not to be able to call the regional office that is handling your claim and ask them directly if they need anything or a current status. I know with a call center they can focus on the back log but it seems something is lost or disconected from the call center and regional office....

@SP4RVN ....you don't have to apologize because you didn't say or do anything wrong. Have a good day fellow Texan. Oh, by the way, I AM a Native Texan. Lol

Edited by #1Cavtrooper