Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Regional Office Phone #'s

Rate this question

sox

Question

Hiya,

I have had a terrible time using the 1800-827-1000 phone number. It seems that these guys really don't know much about your claim at the local regional office. I was wondering if anyone has ever been able to get contact info or phone #s for their regional office? Did you have to pry to get the info or file a fredom of information act request?

many thanks :)

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Good Morning Sox. The 1-800 number is not very helpful for any of us. It is not in your local regional office( in my case St. Petersburg Fl.) I don't know where they are but it is manned with clerks that I would say do there best but are not knowledgeable enough to give you good info. Are you using a VSO with your claim. I use the DAV. They can normally get a lot more accurate info from your regional office. I believe somewhere on the va web site there is the numbers to all of the VA regional offices. Seems like I seen them there while doing my research.

Hi Sox,

The VARO's don't want direct calls; that's why they won't give out their numbers.

I just stop by in person if need be.

Many have found an IRIS inquiry more effective than calling the 800 number.

Try here: https://iris.custhelp.com/

Choose Ask A Question on that site.

I've had VARO call me shortly after submitting IRIS inquiry, so it works sometimes.

Good luck! smile.png

I don't care if you call the va or use iris, neither way provides an accurate answer to any question. It is ironic in todays age, with all the fancy cells phone, and the internet that there is no way to communicate directly with a human at the Local regional va offices. It is as if the va is some kind of god. At one time the 800 number that you called from you home actually went to the regional office in your state, and even if you didn't get a good answer you at least were able to speak to someone locally. The purpose of the call center was to improve service to the veteran so they said, but I think it was actually to shut the veteran out even more. Iris hasn't been much better, I don't think I ever received an accurate answer using it either.

I for the life of me don't understand why the law doesn't force the va to be more available to the veteran. Much like the Supreme Court who refuses to allow cameras in the court, the va refuses to make employees available to the veteran. I thought these people worked for us?... One would think it is the other way around.

any way thats my opinion for what its worth.....

I find myself to differ with y'all on the 800 number. These guy's on the other end don't for the most part, have no reason to lie to us. Now that I said that, the lack of care ,lazy, and knowledge might be there.

I found if did not get the answer I like, I would call back, get another peggy that might care, or want to help. I started my claim in April 2010 and by March of 2011 for PC, DMII and they VA added IHD, PN

for both sides, I had the bulk of claim's complete. I refiled for P&T in May of 2011 and got my claim by January 2012, 7 months plus the increase of some of the other claim's. Point is I called VA 800 number

from Dallas and talk to Peggies all over USA. Some were not so good and some were great. I call every two to three weeks to let them know I was there! You have to be patience and your phone said " the

waiting time will be 15 minute, maybe".

So it work for me!smile.png

There are 7 call centers throughout the nation. For the most part, I think they have limited resources and information. I've only gotten a couple of them that were rude. She was from the Philadelphia call center (I could tell) . When she asked how I could tell which call center she was located, I just laughed. Right now I am still waiting on a reply to an iris that was submitted on March 12, 2012. Peggy tells me to wait 10 working days.

Edited by #1Cavtrooper