Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Va Rep Called Today

Rate this topic

oldman273

Well It has came to an end today My claim that has gone on four years to the day April 09. I got the call from the VA double triple checked my Ebenefits account the claim went from gathering information to the " We are packing your claim for mailing". I am hoping this is it and I can get the last of my stuff taken care of bill wise. I have to wait till I can go buck wild scremaing and hollering but tonight I know I can not worry about getting down to check my account.

My claim was for tempoary 100% following surgery that claim took 3 years from date of claim. I could not get the guy to confirm anything but he did ask about the probono lawyers up in DC that are working my other appeal. Since they only asked to be kept up to date all that was settled the rep told me I had a rather large ammount of back pay coming I have so many bills to get caught up. I say many thanks premature yes but many thanks to those that offered help and advice. I will keep you guys up to date on when the big white package gets in and where I can say I am headed. Now at least if things go right I know I am not trapped here again. Thanks one and all

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great to hear! So sorry you had to wait this long - you shouldn't have to be burried in debt over a SC issue.

Congratulations, Maybe take a friend or Wife on a trip. smile.png You could just save it!

I may have had my hopes up or the VA is going back and working on my appeal at the VARO. I have this claim in for several issues

Contentions: mood disorder to include depression (New), sciatica (New), tendonitis (New), intervertebral disc syndrome (New), aid & attendance (New), permanent and total (New), temporary 100% (New),

These above is what my claim is. My appeal which never went to DC I was told by the lady last month at the VARO in Columbia SC that TDIU claims are being kept from proceding on to DC or Court of Veterans Appeals. I suspect somebody put a stop to claims like mine where there is no doubt the veteran has documented SC Injury Surgery Theraphy and Doctor/Surgeon writes Letter stating Veteran is unable to work because of SC Injury after reviewing SMR and everything else has failed the veteran is done.

I hated to draw that out but my appeal I hope is the reason why it got droped back to review of evidence and I hope it goes back up four more levels and I can be done with everything. I did luck out this year with a very mild winter my plans are to take my kids on one of those vacations that they can remember and finish getting my bills paid off. I am going to do this I am not going to keep checking the web site I will know it when I see the direct deposit go in or I get that big envolope. I also want my kids to get on the Military Insurance.

If any of you are on that drop me a line I have the % levels to qualify I am at 90% now getting them onto insurance is one big laod of my back as well Appriciate all the kind words. I am sure it is no big deal... Adios

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use