Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

April Fools

Rate this question

Ret.Navy

Question

VA claim originated in June 05, 2010. Today I revcieved a big brown envelope. I got excited, heart started pounding. I thought to myself finally. But then when I opened it, it was my personalized VA benefits handbook. Wow, jokes on me. Only I didn't find this funny at all. At 60% and recieving the bulk of my care from the local VA hospital for 8 years now, I pretty much know what I am eliegable for. This is a great tool, but should be printed and sent to those who request it and need it. It's really pretty and well put together, I just feel this was a waste of money. The Vets that will get this handbook are probably the ones who already know there way around the system. This would have really came in handy 8 years ago.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Perhaps every veteran should be writing congress and demanding to know why the va wasted money on these personal handbooks. And make no mistake they are a waste of money. The va , the service branches, and veteran organizations have published so much on veteran benefits that we didn't need another book... its more eyewash, and a self pat on the back because those responsible at the va for this waste really think they have done something special. I say stop wasting time and money on such useless junk and hire more raters to get the claims completed.