VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Couple Of Weird Things With My E-Benefits

Rate this question

tb-1599

Question

So I submitted my first time claim in Mar 2011 was seen by a VA Dr in Feb 2012. So really not that long of a wait from what I have been reading. Well I looked at the E-Benefit site on Mon and it said Preperation for Notification. (YESSSS) checked last night it was back to Review of Evidence (BUMMER). So from what I have been reading this is a pretty common thing. That it could be its just getting a final, final look over before its signed and mailed. HERE IS WHERE IT GETS INTERESTING. I noticed somebody said that you can find letters the VA would have prepared and you can print them out.

I checked it out and I found a letter that said.

This letter cerfifies that -------- ---------- ----------- is receiving service-connected disability compensation from the Department of Veterans Affairs

Gross Benefit........

Net Amount Paid..........

Effective Date December 1, 2011

Combined Evaluation 60%

I started to get really happy when I noticed something. the Effective date says December 1, 2011. Well I applied in March so shouldnt it say Mar 2011.

Any thoughts on this would be appritiated.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The December 1, 2011 date is going to show up because the compensation rates changed 12/1/2011 due to a COLA adjustment.

The only letter that will come up for me right now is proof of service.

I also do not have any claim status.

It appears that my complaining in IRIS that nothing was done with my request to put my 18 YO dependent back on my award for four months caused Detroit VARO to clear all my entries so that I couldn't see my status or list of items they have received in support of my claim.

It smacks of retaliation, so whatever you do, dont actually try to use any of that eBenefits information or you will be appropriately punished!

Any thoughts on this Yes. Wait for your packet to arrive.

So I submitted my first time claim in Mar 2011 was seen by a VA Dr in Feb 2012. So really not that long of a wait from what I have been reading. Well I looked at the E-Benefit site on Mon and it said Preperation for Notification. (YESSSS) checked last night it was back to Review of Evidence (BUMMER). So from what I have been reading this is a pretty common thing. That it could be its just getting a final, final look over before its signed and mailed. HERE IS WHERE IT GETS INTERESTING. I noticed somebody said that you can find letters the VA would have prepared and you can print them out.

I checked it out and I found a letter that said.

This letter cerfifies that -------- ---------- ----------- is receiving service-connected disability compensation from the Department of Veterans Affairs

Gross Benefit........

Net Amount Paid..........

Effective Date December 1, 2011

Combined Evaluation 60%

I started to get really happy when I noticed something. the Effective date says December 1, 2011. Well I applied in March so shouldnt it say Mar 2011.

Any thoughts on this would be appritiated.

Any thoughts on this Yes. Wait for your packet to arrive.

I know that LOL its just a little exciting knowing that I could be getting my packet soon.

Update.

So I double checked my rates and everything and acording to my AB8 I am only getting rated at 60% at a single veteran when I should be getting rated as married with two children. Again should I just wait untill I get my official package or is this something I am going to have to fix..

Edited by tb-1599

I know that LOL its just a little exciting knowing that I could be getting my packet soon.

Update.

So I double checked my rates and everything and acording to my AB8 I am only getting rated at 60% at a single veteran when I should be getting rated as married with two children. Again should I just wait untill I get my official package or is this something I am going to have to fix..

Update.

Did you change your profile to 60% just recently, or have you been rated this before this claim? Anyway, I'm assuming you just entered it recently, or else you would of already been getting dependence pay. When you receive the decision letter in the mail,

there will be a VA Form 21-686c (Declaration of status of dependents) attached to it. You'll need your marriage certificate and birth certificates of your children to send in with the form.

Coot

Did you change your profile to 60% just recently, or have you been rated this before this claim? Anyway, I'm assuming you just entered it recently, or else you would of already been getting dependence pay. When you receive the decision letter in the mail,

there will be a VA Form 21-686c (Declaration of status of dependents) attached to it. You'll need your marriage certificate and birth certificates of your children to send in with the form.

Coot

Cooter,

I received a call from the VARO asking for my youngest son's SSAN. I called the 800 number and they confirmed it was needed, but this is the first time (I recall) having to provide it. Now, there is a claim in the system for dependency. I'm already being paid the correct amount for my dependents, so I'm a little confused as to why this is needed? Also, they've opened another claim with NO contentions. I have submitted nothing. Is this normal??

Thanks!

justrluck

When you say "Now, there's a claim in for dependency", are you saying that you filed a claim or the VA opened a claim? Also, is there anything regarding your son that might of brought to light, such as, age, court orders, anything at all?

Without any explanation at all, this is defiantly awkward. I really think you should be contacting VA to see what the heck is going on! Then you said they opened a claim with no contentions. What contentions? Do you have a VSO you can talk to? If not, try calling the 800# again or send a message thru IRIS. Someone else here might have a better solution for you. This is really strange!

Coot