VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tired And Venting

Rate this question

bern381

Question

I have had a miriad of health issues. The latest has been sleep. Went to the civilian doctor and was referred to a sleep study. I have both central and obstructive sleep apnea. I have at least one episode per minute all night long. Accordingly, I have been prescribed a c-pap. I am thankful for that. The last thing that I want is to have a heart attack. I have been increasingly tired even after the c-pap. The doctor has diagnosed me with chronic fatigue syndrome. I am dragging butt all of the time, even if I nap. Funny thing is that I can't fall asleep, stay asleep, and am always tired. It is negatively impacting my life in every area. I don't have the energy or inclination to do anything. I don't know what the answer is. I want to continue to work. I want to be a good husband and father. Unfortunately, I am failing. I do not want to go on total disability. I want to take care of my family and be the best I can be.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Having a host of medical problems really depresses the veteran.

If untreated, sleep apnea can lead to right side heart failure, Pulmonary HTN.

You appear to be willing to take care of your family so here is a suggestion:

Go to an ENT surgeon and ask them what it would take to open your airway to breathe at night. Septoplasty really works, it did for me.

If a veteran is overweight they can lose weight by diet alone if they do it right. That means counting every calorie a person east in a day.

It is hard to do but not impossible.

The bottom line is a veteran can take care of his family but first the veteran must take care of themselves or they wont be around to take care of the family.

Hang in there and keep your mind off of this stuff or it will drive a dagger through your mind in the form of depression.

Basser