Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anybody Out There 30% For Gall Bladder Removal?

Rate this question

JT24usn

Question

I'm debating on filing an increase on my sc

Gall bladder removal. I on cholestyramine for my sc stomach and sc gall bladder. The cholestyramine is helping some, but is also making me vitamin d deficient. I am nauseous after eating and regrgitate (reflux) in my mouth but do not fully vomit. DC 7318 does not

Explain the difference between 10 and 30. Amy help or input is greatly Appreciated

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm debating on filing an increase on my sc

Gall bladder removal. I on cholestyramine for my sc stomach and sc gall bladder. The cholestyramine is helping some, but is also making me vitamin d deficient. I am nauseous after eating and regurgitate (reflux) in my mouth but do not fully vomit. DC 7318 does not

Explain the difference between 10 and 30. Amy help or input is greatly Appreciated

I'd talk to a non va cardiologist and or an endocrinologist. (The VAMC closest to me does not even have a board certified cardiologist) Cholestyramine is one of the older drugs and there are newer ones that may be better for you. I'd wonder if there are medical conditions other than high cholesterol that are involved. Usually, most people just have minor problems over the long term after gall bladder removal. A less fatty/no fat diet is one of the must do's.

The cholestyrine is not for the cholesterol, but bile. Since my gall bladder was removed and part of my ileum the bile has a one Way ticket out ( diarrhea 4-6times ) without the meds). Keeps

The dumping syndrome down. You are correct that it latches to fat Soluble , but that is making me vitamin d deficient. Just wanted to compare notes on difference between 10 and 30 percent, as they are vague.