VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I Use E Benefits To Submit My Dependent Claim?

Rate this question

tb-1599

Question

So I just got my brown enveope yesterday (yea) and of course my Dependents were not included. So I have to submitt the application. Should I even bother using E-Benefits or should I just mail them in? OR do both?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Well I tried to update my son who turned 18, with school information to keep him on and in the process they told me I informed them I was never married to my wife. They then proceeded to ask me to provide them with the divorce decree or seperation agreement!

If I was never married I wouldn't have either of those documents now would I?

Apparently, since I only updated my son and did nothing with her record they interpreted that as me telling them we were not married.

If you are entering them in for the first time you should be fine. It clearly goes straight into the computer. When trying to sort this out I asked them to confirm they received my statement in support of claim, while clarifying the situation they told me they wouldn't be able to tell me if they received it for at least 75 days. The person on the phone indicated they could take a statement on the phone and add it to the record in the computer (gave it a whirl). I guess we will know if they got it right in another 90 or so days. They indicated dependent actions through Detroit VARO are taking an average of 245 days, but since I have a DRO appeal pending for 15 months now who really knows. Last time I tried to adjust over 18 dependents they held it until the current DRO appeal was decieded.

Best of Luck!