VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dental Implants

Rate this question

JON

Question

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

They should if it means saving teeth! You may have to fight the Power to get them. You might be able to show them that by just having some implants you can then have a bridge or something cheaper. I have some implants but I had to pay for them since the VA said they were not medically necessary. I think I could have won that battle, but I had a group of dentists I really trusted to do a good job so I had them do it and paid the price. If I had ten implants that would be another story. They cost over $3000 for each implant and it takes some time for healing each step of the way. Some people fly to Thailand and get a whole mouthfull for aroud $8000. That woud cost us 60,000 bucks or more.

The first argument the VA will make is that you don't have enough good bone left for implants. You can get bone grafts. The VA preachs about oral heath but then trys to not pay for it. Hypocrites!

John

• HadIt.com Elder

Dallas VAMC requires an ok from a panel of three dentists. Although they paid outside Dentist 6000 bucks I never seem to be able to get 2 that my Dentist recommended.

Don't worry I am on their case.

I can't get Spokane Wa. VA to give them to me, even though it is 4 front teeth that show and they are service connected. No implants period- "you'll have to go without fron teeth til we decide how we're going to fix them".

• HadIt.com Elder

Joh

If you have good teeth on either side of the gap could they not just put in a bridge. To me the VA are just cheap bastards. They refused to put in a crown for me and put in an enormous filing. I have little faith in them. My real dentist said the big filing was going to crack and it was just a matter of a few months or years.

John

Hello,,, John and Pete......Philip Rogers, Jon, and Gent. I just got back from Progresso outside of Weslaco. Parked at the bridge and walked the 200 to 300yards to my dentist to get my teeth cleaned. 30.00 and he said everything looked fine. I go back in about 5-6 months .

I have been going for about 3 to 4 years . Ok so lets say you need a crown or implants it runs about 7 for the crown and implants about 1200. We are talking new equipement and perfect English . Educated at the University of New York school of dentisty.

Send me a private email and I will give you his name and information and phone numbers .

Lots of Vets and seniors down in Progresso because it is still a real bargain.

Just thought I would throw this out there for our vets and families. Oh yea it is solid dentist and lots of them ,,,,including orthodontist for braces.....Oh yea ,,,, I love going down there to get fixed up, no pain , fast and I can go home pretty quick.. Hope this helps.....Remember .....NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless. C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate