VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Something Unusual

Rate this question

#1Cavtrooper

Question

I just checked ebenefits and something unusual appeared. Under Compensation and Pension status it reads

Error

We are currently unable to access information about the claims you have filed with VA. If you need help, please call 1 800-827-1000. Is anyone else seeing this same thing on ebenets or right before their claim was decided? Ebenefits is not under maintenance.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I just checked ebenefits and something unusual appeared. Under Compensation and Pension status it reads

Error

We are currently unable to access information about the claims you have filed with VA. If you need help, please call 1 800-827-1000. Is anyone else seeing this same thing on ebenets or right before their claim was decided? Ebenefits is not under maintenance.

eBenefits posted a message last week that they would be under maintenance again this weekend starting at 1800 hours Saturday evening. Claim status and 'Download Letters' are among the 'Out of Order' sections.

Peace Out,

Mark

Thnx MarkInTexas, that surely explains the reason...Btw, which part of Texas are you from in East Texas, north or south?

Edited by #1Cavtrooper

I have had that message for over two months now. It appeared shortly after I had an IRIS exchange about my dependent benefits. Detroit VARO thorugh IRIS indicated my claim was gathering evidence(after I asked for an update on the status). I replied to the IRIS indicating that The Status according to eBenefits was received and had been in that status for 104 days. I also stated that one of the statuses was wrong and asked that they check the information. I then received a song and dance routine about how the status isn't always updated and the file can only be in one place which prevents updating. About two days later, my claim status, and all my downloadable letters except service verification (must be posted from DOD data) dissappeared and I get an error message instead of claim status.

Sure looks like retalitory behaviour to me.

Thnx MarkInTexas, that surely explains the reason...Btw, which part of Texas are you from in East Texas, north or south?

Southeast Texas near Beaumont. And you'll find that eBenefits shuts down all or portions of the site frequently. Sometimes they warn veterans ahead of time.........sometimes they don't.

Mark