VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C-File On Ebenefits

Rate this question

OSC

Question

I requested a copy of my C-File last month from the Reno RO where my request letter was signed for with return receipt.

Now there is an entry made on Ebenefits showing this C-File request as a new open claim.

First why an entry on Ebenefits as a new claim? (Huh)

Second does anyone have a clue as to how long before I will receive the file, as I want to see if I am missing anything from my own files before submitting my NOD for my appeal.

Thanks in advance.

OSC

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I think I found the answer to my question in another section of the site, but if anyone has something to add, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

OSC

I requested a copy of my C-File last month from the Reno RO where my request letter was signed for with return receipt.

Now there is an entry made on Ebenefits showing this C-File request as a new open claim.

First why an entry on Ebenefits as a new claim? (Huh)

Second does anyone have a clue as to how long before I will receive the file, as I want to see if I am missing anything from my own files before submitting my NOD for my appeal.

Thanks in advance.

OSC

I also requested my C-file from Reno on Jan 2011 and I am still waiting

They always put that in as a new claim. ANd then you will wait in the order received just like a new claim received until someone looks at it to see what is requested .

Requested a c-file can take as long as waiting for a new claim received. Don't request one if you have other claims pending or appeals. If you do, it may double the processing time as they have to located your file and move it to another dept. Then when it is done, back to the end of line. Kind of like in a walmart shopping line. You forget an item, you get out of line to get it and when you come back the line is twice as long!

Cool Breeze and Concern thank you for the replies.

“Concern” that scares the “h” out of me. I was hoping to get the file in my hands before I filed my NOD, but it looks like that won’t happen if you have been waiting for well over a year so far.

“Breeze” I waited until my initial claim had already closed before requesting my file as I thought it might affect my place in line like you said. My records are pretty complete but I think I am missing just a couple of possibly crucial items and was hoping I could see if they might be in that file.

Since I will be appealing their decision on a few items in my claim, will this request for my C-File screw up the NOD filing and appeal?

OSC