Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Space Available Travel - Lobbying For It

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When, they are referring to the National Guard, I'm assuming that they are referring to people who are on activiated duty!! I do not believe they are talking about people that show up once a month to a meeting. I hope this is not the case, it would really be a slap in the face. I dought that I would use it, but other 100% vets would and deserve it. JMHO

Papa

I respect all veterans especilly the 100% veterans, but why stop there. I think any SC veterans should be able to fly on space available flights. We have paid the price as others, maybe not as severe, but we served to. If this isn't agreed to that ok, I respect all opinions. so hang in there, it a long fight with the VA, and Congress

This is one of those things where protecting the rights of others helps protect your own. I can understand the fear of retirees since they struggle to get seats as it is, I should know this because I have tried flying with my wife and experienced the misery of watching the large families of the other categories hop on till the fights filled up leaving us behind. Still, I would lobby for all vets to experience this benefit at least once, even though I understand what a jam that would cause. The pride of taking a spouse on to experience the privilege granted the nations defenders is something we must all share regardless of rank. And even though I know it'll probably never happen, the idea of creating a well where the general and the private can drink as equals from our grateful nations cup is a privilege we must strive to protect for all vets. I think if we do away with this class business and limit it to just spouses there would be plenty of space freed up for all hands. The way it is now, certain classes get to bring entire clans, which naturally excludes the rest. I say if you served you're welcome with your spouse, and first come first served, excepting of course the urgent national defense requirements. But then again I'm no general, what have I to lose in a deal like that right )))

The retireee's, no doubt, lobby against it. But who lobby's for disabled Vets? Nobody. Its the same with this and other legislation. They mess with disabled Vets because we are disorganized and they can. The AARP is very organized and a giant lobbying organization. Not so with disabled Vets.