VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Letters

Rate this question

michael09070

Question

I was getting a letter every two months from the va in chicago, now i havent received one since dec. The letter basically said they have my claim but it is in backlog. Which i understood, i ask the american legion to tell me what was going on and they called me a week later and said the va in chicago told them to tell me it will probable take years for my claim to move from review so basically dont bother them. I am very disappointed in the process, I gave them everything that was ask for to include a dr nexus and several buddy letter to back up my claim. I am just venting not even sure this was the right location to do this and if not i appologies. has this happened to anyone else as far as receiving the letters and now not?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I was getting a letter every two months from the va in chicago, now i havent received one since dec. The letter basically said they have my claim but it is in backlog. Which i understood, i ask the american legion to tell me what was going on and they called me a week later and said the va in chicago told them to tell me it will probable take years for my claim to move from review so basically dont bother them. I am very disappointed in the process, I gave them everything that was ask for to include a dr nexus and several buddy letter to back up my claim. I am just venting not even sure this was the right location to do this and if not i appologies. has this happened to anyone else as far as receiving the letters and now not?

It happen's all the time with VA. It like a Bus that never gets there. If I was you I would call the 1-800-827-1000 and talk to them direct.

Be nice, even if you have to wait 15 minutes to talk to someone! Ask them what going on and tell them have been waiting a long time.

Edited by SP4RVN1971

"Which i understood, i ask the american legion to tell me what was going on and they called me a week later and said the va in chicago told them to tell me it will probable take years for my claim to move from review so basically dont bother them. I am very disapp"

As much as I gripe about the VA ,I find that statement the rep said the VA told him- to be extraordinary-

The rep might have made that all up. That is solely my opinion. Due to some of my experiences.

However- maybe you have a very difficult claim.

Was the doctor's nexus statement a formal Independent medical opinion with a full medical rationale that complies with what the VA needs to have, as within our IMO forum here?

Did the ;'buddies' give the VA their home contact info, and state clearly how their MOS and time in service put them at the scene of whatever they gave an eye witness account for, at same place ,same time you were there?

If you tell us more in the Claims Research forum here as to what you have claimed ,maybe we can help more.

Edited by Berta