Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Violent Kicking And Thrashing While Asleep

Rate this question

suespac38

Question

My wife was telling me that I have been kicking and thrashing very violently while I'm sleeping. It is so bad that she grabs Bootsie and goes to another Bedroom. Apparently, I have done this several times. I do have Sleep Apnea, and lazy leg, but this is something different. I did read an article that this could be part of neurodiseases such as Parkinson's. BTW, I do have trouble sleeping, and take meds to keep me asleep once I do fall asleep, its to help me with panic attacks. Any thoughts?

Papa

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You need to have a sleep study done. I have seen those kinds of symptoms before and it can get wild.

John

Papa, It's so fun to wakeup in the morning to feel beatup and tired. Because all night long you were kick boxing. Not even a good cup of coffee in morning will help. Exhausted everydaymellow.png !

Good luck in finding help!

Same symptoms. I talked to my psychiatrist and he put me on meds to calm me down in sleep (Clonazepam). It seems to help; wife hasn't complained recently.

Same symptoms. I talked to my psychiatrist and he put me on meds to calm me down in sleep (Clonazepam). It seems to help; wife hasn't complained recently.

Been on Clonazepam for awhile, and it is or was helping calm down after I fell asleep. Need to have a sleep study done, but I do not do this every night. Don't know if it is PTSD or Parkinsons related.

Papa

PaPa

My husband has Parkinson disease and PTSD, he was diagnosed with Parkinson's in March 2012, his sleep disturbies are drastic, he wakes kicking, hitting, and has even tried to choke me, not knowing what he was doing. He now sleeps in a upright position on his recliner in the living room, because of his swallowing/choking. He had a C&P exam in Oct 2012, and still haven't gotten a decision.

A veteran rep. called on 12-12-2012 and said a decision was made and granted at 100 unemployable, and put him as incompetent, but also stated we would have a good christmas, but after checking ebenfits claim was at 2nd to last step, NOW BACK TO GATHERING OF EVIDENCE.

I am getting so frustated as I am his only caretaker and he is also legally blind because of glacoma, and is need of aid and dependent.

Someone please help. I need to get this claim through, I need to be able financially to hire someone to help with him. I'm not putting him in a nursing home, that is out of the question.