• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founder

Outstanding Medic! Way to Hang In!

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

Thanks again to everyone...I've also applied for the Student loan forgiveness program (so I'll keep everyone posted on the outcome).

War is a country of will. There is no room for sympathy. If you're not willing to give up everything, you've already lost.”

- Act of Valor -

Congratulations on you win! If you haven't applied for the property tax exemption yet, don't be shocked to find that it doesn't do away with all of the taxes, at least not in Charlotte County. It exempts the Ad-Valorem Taxes, but not the Non-Ad-Valorem taxes, such as lighting, etc. In most of Charlotte County, that leaves about $470 a year to pay. Still isn't bad. Carlie, if this isn't the way it's supposed to be, please let me know how to correct it. I live in Port Charlotte, FL and all of the 100% P & T that I know in this area are taxed this way. Once again, congrats and best of everything for you!

Chuck

@ buckeye46 - Thanks for the heads up - I'm looking into that currently - I also just picked up my lifetime free pass into all the Florida State Parks :) this is an awesome benefit.

War is a country of will. There is no room for sympathy. If you're not willing to give up everything, you've already lost.”

- Act of Valor -

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use