VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dental P&t Or Not

Rate this question

cooter

Question

I been hearing so much ado about being eligible for dental care while being 100% P&T or just 100% no P&T. Can somebody here give me the actual truth as I am 100% IU in need of serious dental work.

Coot

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

If your 100% or IU rating is temporaty you do not have dental care.

You do not have to be awarded T/p to be 100% or TDIU, but you must have a permanent award to get dental care.

T/P get dependant benefits, a Permanent rating gets the veteran dental care

If your 100% or IU rating is temporaty you do not have dental care.

You do not have to be awarded T/p to be 100% or TDIU, but you must have a permanent award to get dental care.

T/P get dependant benefits, a Permanent rating gets the veteran dental care

teac,

I believe the reg states 100 percent or IU. You don't have to have P&T status but dental will not be provided if the

100 percent or IU is temporary like for convalescence after surgery or compensated at 100 percent

due to spending 21 days or more admitted to a VAMC.

Either way, I am pretty sure the vet must be 100 percent or IU.

Cooter,

Last year I was a snowbird in Bullhead City Az. The nearest VA dental was Las Vegas, some 3-4 hours away. My main VA is Spokane Wa. but I enrolled at Vegas VA since I spent my winters in Az. I went to Vegas VA dental. They saw I needed a crown and authorized fee basis in Bullhead City Az (Where I was staying). I ended up getting my last 4 bottom teethj crowned. They later authorized a root can fee basis for me. Yes, yoiu can get fee basis, but they usually make you see the dentist at Phoenix first, then he or she authorizes fee basis where you live.

A BIG thanks to you all!! Very good info. Carlie, the link you posted took me to a dead VA page. Was it the link to the regs you stated? Anyway, I'll use that the next time I'm hassled. I also have to go to the RO tomorrow because my IU rating isn't showing up on their computers, just the 60%. As a matter of fact, the generated letter for disability isn't showing it either. So now I'll have to get that straighten out. I guess while I'm there I'll request a copy of my c;file.

Teac, thanks for the comeback. I too alway's thought that to, but here lately I been reading a lot of veterans here and elsewhere that had dental care without being P&T with IU. I'm just curious what your thoughts are after reading what carlie stated with the regs on this. I take it as good to go myself. If you know otherwise, I'm all ears.

Gulfvet45, Are you also IU with no P&T?

JON, It's totally understandable why you got Fee Basis considering you were out of state, but I'm just 120 miles from the Phx MC, so that may be a problem but I'm still going to ask for it. All they can say is no. They'll probably say have someone drive me there and back.

Coot

• HadIt.com Elder

Coot - the VA is supposed to authorize fee basis anytime the vet lives more than 100 miles, one way, from the VA.

pr

A BIG thanks to you all!! Very good info. Carlie, the link you posted took me to a dead VA page. Was it the link to the regs you stated? Anyway, I'll use that the next time I'm hassled. I also have to go to the RO tomorrow because my IU rating isn't showing up on their computers, just the 60%. As a matter of fact, the generated letter for disability isn't showing it either. So now I'll have to get that straighten out. I guess while I'm there I'll request a copy of my c;file.

Teac, thanks for the comeback. I too alway's thought that to, but here lately I been reading a lot of veterans here and elsewhere that had dental care without being P&T with IU. I'm just curious what your thoughts are after reading what carlie stated with the regs on this. I take it as good to go myself. If you know otherwise, I'm all ears.

Gulfvet45, Are you also IU with no P&T?

JON, It's totally understandable why you got Fee Basis considering you were out of state, but I'm just 120 miles from the Phx MC, so that may be a problem but I'm still going to ask for it. All they can say is no. They'll probably say have someone drive me there and back.

Coot

teac,

I believe the reg states 100 percent or IU. You don't have to have P&T status but dental will not be provided if the

100 percent or IU is temporary like for convalescence after surgery or compensated at 100 percent

due to spending 21 days or more admitted to a VAMC.

Either way, I am pretty sure the vet must be 100 percent or IU.

I think we said the same thing..... P/T is not requied but the award can not be temporary.....